• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Italy Game Thread

I was very worried that our occasionally sloppy passing in the midfield would cost us in the end. I think that is an area of concern; I'm no expert; but, it seemed like we gave away quite a few easy balls today.

Give the game ball to the defenders today (and a high five to the linesman who noticed all of the offsides)!

Jury still out on Klinsman...best thing he realized to day was to let the USA play the way we do and stop trying to force something on us that wasnt' working....

Great win for USA!

Klinnsman took a lot of heat early, but he has the team playing much better now.

Oh and Michael Braldey was a BEAST best player on the pitch....its no concidence that Klinsman fianlly started to play him a few games back that this team started to gel....

The Bradley haters who thought this kid was on the team because of his dad were wrong then and look silly now....he is fastly becoming a world class star....

Nice win today....we ground out a win....that is the USA style.....like it or not....

Defense overll was a gem too....and Dempsey and Altidore got it done too....:)

Last edited:

Great win for USA!

Klinnsman took a lot of heat early, but he has the team playing much better now.

You can tell they are getting more confident with the style of play that he has them playing now....I liked the comment from Twellman about being confident and working the ball out of the back and frustrating teams....

Guys like Fabian Johnson are a real spark, and you can see the maturity level from the guys playing overseas and actually getting good PT, really growing.....our D still looks shaky at times but overall it's fun to watch what the US is doing now

Jury still out on Klinsman...best thing he realized to day was to let the USA play the way we do and stop trying to force something on us that wasnt' working....

The jury is definitely still out, as you say. But, if fans can give him grief for the bad happenings, they should be able to give him credit for wins like today.

Just watched the replay. Great, great win and a good performance by most everyone, I think...Edu still worries me with his giveaways, although he did have a nice tackle here and there to stop a couple Italian runs. Give me Benny! :)

I still can't figure out Jozy - he looks lost to me quite a bit, then every once in a while he makes a great holding play and even set up Clint's goal. Really liked the overlapping fullbacks...that seemed to create some nice opportunities, as long as we didn't give the ball away too quickly. Bradley just keeps getting better and better!! My word, that man can play.

Interesting that Klinsmann only used three or four subs in the friendly - perhaps a sign of all the injuries/illness, but perhaps also a sign of how seriously the team was taking this match. HUGE confidence booster before the qualifiers. Maybe we'll score more goals when/if he puts two or three up top against the weaker CONCACAF squads. Still, not conceding to Italy says a lot about our defense that I like. Yes, we had giveaways, but we always recovered. Luck went our way with some of the offside calls and Bocanegra's last deflection in the 88th minute or so, but other than that it seemed like we legitimately blocked the Italian offense. Not too shabby. Onwards!

Yes it is still out and yes it was a nice win as I said above........and those same fans who blasted Mike Bradley need to start doing the same.....he is a great player and his being on the national team had nothing to do with his dad...

The jury is definitely still out, as you say. But, if fans can give him grief for the bad happenings, they should be able to give him credit for wins like today.

Last edited:

Except Bruce Arena had already figured out how good he was and called him to workout with the 2006 World Cup team before they departed for Germany....so the word was already out...

that he is...but you do have to admit it definitely did not hurt that his dad was coach.:Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back