• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Honduras WCQ (3/24/17)

And Clint just scores his second of the night and suddenly it its 5-0 USA. :):)

Oh my goodness two goals in less than five minutes of half # 2. :)

Clint with the hat trick on a FK from just outsude the box on minute 51 after Pulisic down.

USA 6 Honduras 0

Zusi on for Cameron in minute 60. Cameron carrying a bit of a knock coming into the the game.

One sub left

Brooks having to leave in minute 69. Taken off on a stretcher. Looks like perhaps a groin injury after and awkward off balance kick.

Ream on. Last sub for the next 21+ minutes.

Altidore has had a very good evening too. A couple of assists and his play at center forward freed up Clint and Pluisic to do what they did.

Amazing Bradley playing in the DM hole where he should been for the national team has been very good tonight too

Last edited:
USA with very defind roles tonight something we quite honestly have not seen since the Bradley era. Refreshing

Oh and the return of actual tactics to boot

Last edited:

USA wins 6-0 and moves into 4th (playoff spot). A win over Panama would put us no worst than third place

Panama is never an easy trip as we all know from the conditions to the officiating. Panama sitting on 4 points so they will be fighting for points too

Lalas said it best in that this team rediscovered who they are tonight and not trying to be something they are not as they have the last 5 years

Great win all things considered.

Loved seeing Dempsey return with a bang. He proved he's still a very crucial piece to the squad. The first goal of his tonight was probably my favorite of the 6. Even though he had 3 goals, he probably wasn't the MOTM.

Pulisic was. The guy is amazing and is only going to get better. He has the tools to go down as the greatest American ever.

Altidore also had a quiet, but impressive match.

Great result. 6-0? You cannot ask for more than that. But Panama will provide a much tougher test. We need more points!

I finally got to watch the ultra-extended highlights.

I'm sending a note of appreciation Dortmund's way. That's how you develop young talent. Pulisic is a machine.

Completely agree with "defined roles" comment above. Love that J Jones isn't single-handedly destroying midfield cohesiveness. See, JK, when you actually control aspects of the game with players who know their roles, you don't need a lone-wolf midfielder to break up the opponent's non-stop possession. Amazing how that works. Love that Bradley is able to actually use his abilities for the good of the team again. First and maybe the last time that Altidore showed touch and properly linked and weighted passes. I've never seen that from him. Ever.

I don't want to get to excited, it was one game, but what a difference.

- Dempsey actually smiling, how long has it been since we saw that
- Bradley in a real defensive mid role, with a very good game
- Pulisic, what can I say, we thought he could be good, but the development we have see in this kid is amazing. We got to see a kid who looks mature beyond his years. He understands the game, where/how to direct offense, and can even be an annoying defender, for me he was the best player on the field
- Altidore...who knew he could pass like that

All in all this team was a completely different team than we saw that looked like they quit against Costa Rica...I'll really be interested to see the Panama game

What a difference a day makes. From last in the standings with zero points to the verge of an automatic qualification.

upload_2017-3-25_11-32-9.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back