• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Honduras (9/5/17)

Gotta get 3 points. A draw isn't the end of the world, as long the team gets a win over Panama in October, but 3 points guarantees staying at third in the table going into the October matches.

Welp, Bobby Wood to the rescue. All is not lost with the draw, but that was not a good showing, and getting just 1 point from this window is pretty bad. Assuming Panama wins at home tonight over T&T, the US will enter the final 2 matches in 4th. That'll set up the Panama match as probably the most important WC qualifier for the US since the 1989 T&T match.

I'm hoping that Brooks and Yedlin are ready to go for the Oct. matches, because the back line is bordering on terrible without them.

Last edited:
Watched about 2 hours late on DVR. Still some silly giveaways and booting of the ball; but, actually thought I saw better attacking connections tonight than in the last couple of games.

Might as well delete it. We looked like a bad NASL team.

I will still watch it tomorrow night. We got a point in CONCAF on the road so there is that which is nothing to sniff at even if we looked like an AYSO team.

I will still watch it tomorrow night. We got a point in CONCAF on the road so there is that which is nothing to sniff at even if we looked like an AYSO team.

I'll take a point on the road in CONCACAF every time as well, as long as it goes along with 3 points at home during the qualifier window. When you get 0 points in a home match, it really takes the shine off the road draw.

So Panama defeated T&T, and thankfully, CR did not secure a top 3 finish last night. So, that means CR will have to put it's A-squad out for the Honduras match next month when the teams meet in San Jose. We were looking at the possibility of Honduras playing both matches against sides that had already secured qualifications, which would not have been a good thing for the USMNT. Even with all the struggles in the Hex, the USMNT still controls its own destiny.

Looking around the rest of the federations, some familiar faces won't be playing in Russia. Cameroon and Algeria have been eliminated and Ghana is hanging on by a thread. It's a very real possibility that both Chile and Argentina won't automatically qualify, and one of those teams will have to qualify through the inter-confederation playoff, while the other is eliminated. The Netherlands will need some help to finish second in its group.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back