• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Guatamala International Friendly Game Thread

From the link:

PROJECTED USMNT LINEUP vs. GUATEMALA
——————Landon Donovan—————-Herculez Gomez—————–
DaMarcus Beasley————-Stuart Holden—————————Joe Corona
———————————-Kyle Beckerman————————————–
Edgar Castillo—Oguchi Onyewu—–Clarence Goodson—-Michael Parkhurst
———————————Nick Rimando—————————————–

Some thoughts:

This lineup is contingent on Holden being fit enough to be ready for a starting role. If he does not start, Klinsmann could move Corona centrally, and start Alejandro Bedoya. Klinsmann could also go with Jose Torres in this lineup:

——————Landon Donovan—————-Herculez Gomez—————–
DaMarcus Beasley————–Jose Torres—————————Joe Corona
———————————-Kyle Beckerman————————————–
Edgar Castillo—Oguchi Onyewu—–Clarence Goodson—-Michael Parkhurst
———————————Nick Rimando—————————————–

Last edited:
More from Ives and I agree this lineup is probably for the strongest....from the link in the OP....

What lineup would I like to see face Guatemala? Here’s an XI I’d be interested in watching:

——————Landon Donovan—————-Herculez Gomez———————-
Alejandro Bedoya——-Stuart Holden—Jose Torres——————-Joe Corona
DaMarcus Beasley–Oguchi Onyewu—–Clarence Goodson—-Michael Parkhurst
————————————Nick Rimando—
————————————–

Last edited:
Any TV for the game? I'm out East so won't be able to watch due to the 11pm start, but I'm curious anyway.

da84c9e6e5d511e2818222000ae81e1a_7.jpg

RR, what happened to Donovan Ricketts? Jamaican keeper that played for the Galaxy?

I'm watching the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup match between USMNT & Jamaica is what is driving my question. 2-0 on CD's goal in the 80th minute. According to the announcers, this was one of Jermaine Jones' best match in the USA Kit.

They traded him to Montreal....he is with Portland now....decent goalie......has been a great servant to his country....

RR, what happened to Donovan Ricketts? Jamaican keeper that played for the Galaxy?

I'm watching the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup match between USMNT & Jamaica is what is driving my question. 2-0 on CD's goal in the 80th minute. According to the announcers, this was one of Jermaine Jones' best match in the USA Kit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back