• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT v Venezuela

4evrHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
This has to be a joke. The only way to see this match is on Galavision (Spanish) or watch it on ESPN3? USA Soccer wonders why they don't have a larger fan base? No professional sports on today, except the feeder league for the NBA, and not one major channel picks this game up? Here is the US Roster for this match:

Goalkeepers (3):
Bill Hamid (D.C. United)
Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire)
Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders (6):
Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo)
A.J. DeLaGarza (LA Galaxy)
Zach Loyd (FC Dallas)
Jeff Parke (Seattle Sounders FC)
Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland)
Heath Pearce (Chivas USA)

Midfielders (7):
Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC)
Benny Feilhaber (New England Revolution)
Jermaine Jones (Schalke)
Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids)
Brek Shea (FC Dallas)
Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards (3):
Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City)
C.J. Sapong (Sporting Kansas City)
Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Last edited:

Its an unsanctioned international friendly with mostly MLS guys....we have done this for about the past 5 or 6 years and its actually a pretty good idea as it gives a chance to see some new faces...we have foudn 2 or 3 guys with this process....with that being said not allot of interest because of that....Glavision does a great job....we watch their broadcasts quite....much better commentary than ESPN....

Jones is only in because of his latest thug move of stomping on a guys ankle that was already injured in a Bundasliga game....banned for two months by the league....

So no its not a joke...

USA lineup: Hamid, De La Garza, Pearce, Parkhurst, Cameron, Larentowicz, Zusi, Jones, Bunbury, Feilhaber, Shea

RR, I meant that it must be a joke that the match is not televised, in English, for the nation to watch, when there is nothing else major on television. This would be a perfect time to televise a match. I am sorry if my first post came across as bashing the USMNT, that was not my intentions.

Did not take it that way....:)

RR, I meant that it must be a joke that the match is not televised, in English, for the nation to watch, when there is nothing else major on television. This would be a perfect time to televise a match. I am sorry if my first post came across as bashing the USMNT, that was not my intentions.

Nice shot on goal from the US, just over the cross bar in the 19th minute from Teal Bunbury. The US looks pretty good so far.

Great run of play a minute later, almost a goal from Brek Shae, off of a gorgeous pass from Feilhaber.

Hey Klinsman you need to bring Benny Feilhaber back into the full national side....guys is the real deal....playmaker we need...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back