• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT Upcoming Friendlies vs Brazil, Mexico, England and Italy to close out 2018

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
New coach provided they finally hire one will have a good challenge for what I assume will be a very young team to test their chops against.

September 7 vs Brazil in New Jersey

September vs Mexico in Nashville

November 15 vs England at Wembley Stadium in London

November 20 vs Italy Location TBD

Last edited:
The US will not play another competitive (non-friendly) match until the Gold Cup next June

The US MEN will not play another competitive (non-friendly) match until the Gold Cup next June

Fixed that for you. Some huge games coming up for the Women leading up to the next World Cup, held in France next summer.

I think it warrants it's own thread and will start one.

New coach provided they finally hire won will have a good challenge for what I assume will be a very young team to test their chops against.

September 7 vs Brazil in New Jersey

September vs Mexico in Nashville

November 15 vs England at Wembley Stadium in London

November 20 vs Italy Location TBD

Awesome. That will make for a pretty interesting fall. Hopefully what we see will give us some hope for the future.

Kinda surprised there isn’t a coach yet. This is a LONG time for a team that considers itself a major program to be without a leader. Hope that’s not a bad sign.

Kinda surprised there isn’t a coach yet. This is a LONG time for a team that considers itself a major program to be without a leader. Hope that’s not a bad sign.

US Soccer is a total disaster right now. From the players revolting on Ellis in the past year and the incident with Hinkle which they just made worst recently to going on a year without a men's head coach. The head of US Soccer who was Gulati's deputy has no playing or soccer experience of any kind much like Gulati and it is showing big time. Not to mention grass roots level football has dropped off quite a bit because of lack of attention by Klinsman and missing the World Cup has not helped either. Pay to play has to end its killing the sport for kids who do not have the funds to participate

Last edited:

This isn’t pretty. I feel like we’re about to lose another year of development, not to mention risking a total implosion of fan support unless this delayed hire is a real home run. Very confused at the “strategy” right now. I really thought they’d hire someone within a couple weeks after the WC. Now everyone’s seasons are starting and it’s not looking like we have a clue.

This isn’t pretty. I feel like we’re about to lose another year of development, not to mention risking a total implosion of fan support unless this delayed hire is a real home run. Very confused at the “strategy” right now. I really thought they’d hire someone within a couple weeks after the WC. Now everyone’s seasons are starting and it’s not looking like we have a clue.

It's like we are in a coma and can not wake up. Appears to be no strategy what so ever. Never seen anything like this in all my years watching futball. US Soccer is just a mess right now.

I think disaster is already on us. Almost eleven months and no head coach....

But while it’s a good sign that the Federation is committed to the highest competition, a large question looms over the friendlies. Who the hell is going to coach them?

As of Wednesday, August 20th, 2018, at 9:04 P.M. MST, Dave Sarachan is still the “interim” manager of the USMNT. It has been 311 days, since Bruce Arena stepped down after his brief stint as USMNT for the second time ended in total, utter, complete failure. Furthermore, it has been 300 days since Sarachan was hired as interim head coach. Finally, there are only 17 days until the USMNT play Brazil, the third ranked men’s team in the world.

There are 17 days until the US Men’s National Team plays the third ranked team in the world, and they don’t have a permanent head coach. Feel that knot in your stomach? Yeah, me too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back