• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT 4 vs Panama 0 in WCQ (10/7/17)

I don't think it's a stretch to say that right now, Pulisic is the best player on the USMNT. I hope the crop of teenagers coming up in the US system see his development, and realize that playing in MLS isn't the way to go about starting your career. IMO, there's no way Pulisic would be this talented already, if he was playing in MLS. His vision, decision, finish, work-rate, touch, are all equal to or better than everyone else on the pitch last night. He really was on another level. I was really glad Bruce was able to take him out early in the 2nd half. It's obvious that CONCACAF teams will target him hard going forward. Throw in Wood's and Yedlin's performances, and it's obvious, the young guys need to play in Europe.

Outstanding performance last night from just about everyone. The backline had some nervous moments early on, but once the score hit 2-0, it never felt like the match was in doubt. The counter-attacking was fantastic, and if it weren't for some good decisions/saves from the Panama keeper, it could have easily been 7-0. I hope Jozy got his cheeky PK out of his system, because I do not want to see that again.

With Honduras/CR not playing last night, nothing is set in stone yet. However, with the US building up such a large GD over both Honduras and Panama, it'll be almost impossible for the US to not get at least 4th. T&T will probably put up a fight, but there shouldn't be any reason the US doesn't come away with all three points.

Had to make a 3 hour drive to Chicago last evening...thankfully remembered that we could use the WatchESPN app and view on a phone. Screen was obviously a little small; but, I was driving and not watching anyway.

Now we just need to take care of business against a Trinidad & Tobago team that gave Mexico a tough game last night. Can we string two games like this together to earn the trip to Russia?

Now that’s how things should look. What a performance from the forwards...wow. We’ll give a few good teams fits at the WC if we can be tighter in the middle of the field.

On a side note, anyone watching the Bosnia/Belgium match? The Bosnian pitch looks terrible. Worse than any CONCACAF pitch I've seen in years. I can't believe UEFA allowed the teams to play on a field in that bad of condition.

So, Costa Rica scored a late equalizer to secure a draw with Honduras. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing for the US. It pretty much means a draw against T&T will be enough, but I hate the fact the US has to rely on a result in the final match to secure a WC spot. I hope the team comes out with the same intensity they did against Panama. For as big of a win as the Panama game was, things still hang in the balance.

So, Costa Rica scored a late equalizer to secure a draw with Honduras. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing for the US. It pretty much means a draw against T&T will be enough, but I hate the fact the US has to rely on a result in the final match to secure a WC spot. I hope the team comes out with the same intensity they did against Panama. For as big of a win as the Panama game was, things still hang in the balance.

Had a certain coach not put us in a hole we would not be having this discussion then again had he remained we more than likely would not have qualified

All we need is a draw we will get that. I am not concerned at all. I have no doubt the players 'get it'.

Had a certain coach not put us in a hole we would not be having this discussion then again had he remained we more than likely would not have qualified

All we need is a draw we will get that. I am not concerned at all. I have no doubt the players 'get it'.

It's time to get over it. He was let go almost a year ago, and only managed 2 of the 10 Hex matches.

I am surprised that there has been no discussion of the "thug" play that CONCACAF officiating allowed Panama to once again get away with, tackling players, hitting players, dangerous slide tackles, and yet only 3 yellow cards shown......

I am surprised that there has been no discussion of the "thug" play that CONCACAF officiating allowed Panama to once again get away with, tackling players, hitting players, dangerous slide tackles, and yet only 3 yellow cards shown......
In the words of PorkChop, which seem poignant here as well, "It's time to get over it." Because it's always been that way and it's always going to be that way.

;)

Last edited:

We are also used to it that we have become decentized unless its worst than their normal low standards

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back