• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
how does usc have 23 verbal commitments (8 of which are already signed)?

aren't they restricted to 15 per year for the next 3 years?

Good point but I think they have been caught cheating before and Lane was breaking the rules while in the Vol state also.

I thought I read somewhere there was loophole that allowed them to sign Jucos in December this season before the limits took effect. Hence they have 8 players signed and I'm guessing they are Jucos. Loading up before the punishment kicks in.

They were down to 65 ish scholarship players at some point this year, so they probably had some to play with. Mid-term jucos could count against last year only if they had some open slots from 2010 class.

Also, as I recall, they lose 10 scholarships a year for the next 3 years for a total of 30......so it all makes sense...I think...:)

They were down to 65 ish scholarship players at some point this year, so they probably had some to play with. Mid-term jucos could count against last year only if they had some open slots from 2010 class.

FYI......

Though it's perfectly legal and will only work this year. Scholarships are based on the academic calendar, not the football calendar. Because USC only signed 18 players last year, 14 of whom enrolled last fall, it can count its nine early enrollees in the current class toward the 2010-11 school year. Should the original ruling stand, the 15-player limit goes into effect in 2011-12 and will include all players that enroll this fall (which may include some recruited walk-ons). It still can't go over the NCAA-imposed 75-scholarship limit for its overall roster.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1ArI3kkIU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back