• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USAToday Grades Every FBS Team for the 2021 Season

College football is filled with subjectivity. The polls themselves are subjective. So yes, any grading is also subjective. I don't think the author would disagree.

I see the grades as generally on-field results relative to talent and expectations.

So a C+ for Kansas suggests slightly above what talent and expectations suggested. Kansas was 0-9 in Les Miles' final season (2020). So while 2-10 in 2021 is still bad, it's an uptick with some moments that provided hope for Leipold and the future of the program.

The D for Nebraska is also reasonable. There's no way 3-9 (and 1-8 in the Big Ten) met anyone's expectations nor was fitting for our talent level. It's still the worst record in Frost's tenure. It would have been an F grade had we not been competitive in our losses.
Exactly right. I bet Kansas wins more than 2 in 2022.

College football is filled with subjectivity. The polls themselves are subjective. So yes, any grading is also subjective. I don't think the author would disagree.

I see the grades as generally on-field results relative to talent and expectations.

So a C+ for Kansas suggests slightly above what talent and expectations suggested. Kansas was 0-9 in Les Miles' final season (2020). So while 2-10 in 2021 is still bad, it's an uptick with some moments that provided hope for Leipold and the future of the program.

The D for Nebraska is also reasonable. There's no way 3-9 (and 1-8 in the Big Ten) met anyone's expectations nor was fitting for our talent level. It's still the worst record in Frost's tenure. It would have been an F grade had we not been competitive in our losses.

Problem is, neither talent nor expectations can be accurately, reliably, or quantifiably determined. It's like predicting the high to be 10 but it turns out to be 20 yet declaring "great weather we have today!" It only means your expectations were wrong, not the weather.

I don't care what "relative curve" is used (relative to what?) no way a 2-10 Kansas, in a weak Big XII, should get a C+

7-6 Iowa State gets a D+ because they didn't meet expectations that were set before the season even started? BS.

Why didn't the "relative curve" rate NU higher as we came "relatively" close to being 9-3 instead of 3-9. Should have ranked at least an A!

Article was a waste of bandwidth.
lol, kansas beat FCS southdakota by 3 points (a FCS team that went 7-5), and a texas team that was a 5-7 team. getting a c+ ranking is a sweet curve.....

this atricle is click bait....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back