• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA vs Mexico Friendly (9/6/19)

Dotsee

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
1st half in the books 0-1 Mexico. Mexico dominates the run of play in the last part of the half and on the goal no US defender in position on the backside where Mexico had 3 options to possibly score

Tyler Boyd and Zardes are weak up front so it becomes Pulisic vs the world. In midfield Mexico controlling the match. In the back, Zimmerman is being completely outclassed.
Lastly PLEASE bench Zardes, he is in no way a starting 9, and if Berhalter persists in starting him over Sargent, we'll forever be behind in matches

That should be a yellow card on Mexico, Herrera came over and put his hand in Morales face and in true CONCACAF fashion, no foul and a yellow on the US

Last edited:
Wasted sub by Berhalter, Trapp came in for Zimmerman and then Lletget then subs for Trapp

Wow...Steffen with a horrible pass, Mexico steps in, takes an easy shot and 2-0 Mexico.

Steffen is not a good passer and this is the 2nd game he's had a very poor pass lead to an immediate goal by the other team (Venezuela & Mexico)

3-0 Mexico, USA falling apart. Instead of fouling and giving a yellow and free kick, they whiff on 2 tackles.

91st min, Morales carted off for USA, he's not played well in the midfield, but you hope he's okay

It's evident that Mexico is WAY ahead of USA at this time. We have 9 games before qualifying for World Cup starts in 2020 and I think we have the talent AND HEART to qualify this round, and think some CONCACAF teams are weaker this year than in the last qualifying round.

We lost probably a decade of player development due to the JK debacle which was followed by the worst coaching search ever only to land on another poor hire of Berhalter imo. Sadly, US has a lot of young talent that could make an exciting team but with Berhalter wanting to fit players into his system that don't fit, instead of working a system that fits your talent, I won't be surprised if we fail to qualify again.

Anyone catch the game? I happen to see it was on and DVR'd it

Top players on both sides participated

What a disaster. Mexico won 3-0 and it was not even close. Add insult to injury the USA missed a very poorly taken penalty at the end of the game.

Just an awful performance that has to have one concerned about World Cup qualifying again.

Lets put it this way we are not anywhere near Mexico right now with back to back losses in the Gold Cup and tonight. Neither was a close game and both played in the USA. It could have been worst

Gulati and Klinsman left a mess worst than most of us thought and then US Soccer screwed it up worst by hiring Gulati's Vice who proceed to take over a year to hire a coach he could have hired in a week.

Last edited:

It's evident that Mexico is WAY ahead of USA at this time. We have 9 games before qualifying for World Cup starts in 2020 and I think we have the talent AND HEART to qualify this round, and think some CONCACAF teams are weaker this year than in the last qualifying round.

We lost probably a decade of player development due to the JK debacle which was followed by the worst coaching search ever only to land on another poor hire of Berhalter imo. Sadly, US has a lot of young talent that could make an exciting team but with Berhalter wanting to fit players into his system that don't fit, instead of working a system that fits your talent, I won't be surprised if we fail to qualify again.

Looks like you and I as usual are on the same page sadly so in this case.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back