• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA vs Argentina Cop America Semi Final (6/21/16)

Maybe Ireland will kick the snot out of Italy tomorrow and cheer me up again...see everyone on Saturday for the third-placer.

The best 11 includes Jones without a doubt. And we have a youngster at goalie.

In your opinion. Depends which Jeckyl/Hyde version of Jones shows up... lately he's been on, but we can easily go find a 3 or 4 game stretch in the past year where he wasn't.

And you're correct, I forgot about him. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Horvath or Howard get the nod over Guzan.

In your opinion. Depends which Jeckyl/Hyde version of Jones shows up... lately he's been on, but we can easily go find a 3 or 4 game stretch in the past year where he wasn't.

And you're correct, I forgot about him. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Horvath or Howard get the nod over Guzan.

How many American players can you name that HAVEN'T had a bad stretch? Bradley? Nope. Dempsey? Nope. So, who?

Jones has been on this tournament and has played great soccer. He was easily one of our 4 best players up until that red, no question he is in the Top11 best this Saturday. Do you really think that Nagbe is better than Jones NOW? Bedoya? Pulisic?

Having said that...can he even play? Or does the red mean 2 games?

Last edited:
Yup....

I agree too go with Timmy...he has earned it....

Straight red in some competitions and leagues is a 3 game suspension. I am going to guess and say only one game in this case as there has been no talk of it begin any different...

Euro bracket is very lopsided.

Belgium lost 2-0 Italy, yet are now probably favorites to reach the finals.

Germany, Italy, Spain, France and even England in one bracket is insane.

How many American players can you name that HAVEN'T had a bad stretch? Bradley? Nope. Dempsey? Nope. So, who?

Jones has been on this tournament and has played great soccer. He was easily one of our 4 best players up until that red, no question he is in the Top11 best this Saturday. Do you really think that Nagbe is better than Jones NOW? Bedoya? Pulisic?

Having said that...can he even play? Or does the red mean 2 games?

That's not the point and you know that. And you can't compare to many of those players as they don't play the same roles. But Wood has been playing fantastic... he really hasn't had multiple bad games in a row.

And in my opinion, I would say yes to Bedoya... he's consistent. He doesn't have JJs flair for offense, but he plays an extremely important role on the wing. A place that JJ couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't play. Also its hard to say regarding Nagbe and Pulisic vs JJ... Nagbe is an attacking mid - something JJ doesn't play for the USNMT; Pulisic is a winger, similar to Bedoya but more attack minded, less defensive minded... so once again not a place JJ plays. But also Nagbe and Pulisic haven't played an entire match yet, so we don't really know what they're capable of... too small of a sample size.

To me, JJ really only has 3 similar players on the roster: Becks, Bradley, and Kitchen. He isn't replacing Bradley simply because he is the captain. After that it depends on the tactics being used and what formation we're in. I honestly believed tonight was the right type of game for Becks. He didn't have a good game, but nobody did - he definitely wasn't the reason we lost.

Anyway, yeah, all 3 are available for Saturday night.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back