• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA vs Argentina Cop America Semi Final (6/21/16)

Of course people will question JK. That's never going to change.

And when the next manager comes, it will be the same. Probably not as much if it's an American mgr

Two steps forward and three back....

Our team was shockingly bad and was not prepared and played with little enthusiasm...that is also on the coach like it or not....

Yet on the other-hand look what we did to Spain in what was the best cached game of Bob Bradley;s career......we have to stop accepting moral victories...we just do...and that does not matter who the coach is....its time to not accept that as a fan base or US Soccer....

Which is disappointing honestly... I thought he had made some good choices thus far this tournament. Maybe just too many choices to make with the 3 suspensions and these guys not having the same rapport as they haven't played together in awhile?

That on top of the players just not playing well. That can't all be on JK. The players have to take some responsibility for not playing with poise and looking like a bunch of 12 year olds...

But in the end, this is the #1 team in the world... that in itself is something. We ALL wanted the best, but all knew it was going to take a very strong effort by each player.

USMNT was outclassed all around. They showed why are they are #1. Helluva team.

Time to regroup. I'm not a fan of 3rd place games, but let's do it!

Great point. Their ball handling is just on another level.

Case in point. US youth teams are always pushing to play 11v11, thinking it teaches spacing. The Barca youth program plays 8v8 until like age 13 or something. They want their players crammed together in order to master speed of passing, accuracy and first touch as the hallmarks of their game. Thus player size there usually means nothing and predicting your teammates movement is paramount. Everything needs played with your head up and scanning.

Which is disappointing honestly... I thought he had made some good choices thus far this tournament. Maybe just too many choices to make with the 3 suspensions and these guys not having the same rapport as they haven't played together in awhile?

That on top of the players just not playing well. That can't all be on JK. The players have to take some responsibility for not playing with poise and looking like a bunch of 12 year olds...

But in the end, this is the #1 team in the world... that in itself is something. We ALL wanted the best, but all knew it was going to take a very strong effort by each player.

Truth is somewhere in the middle, I think. JK struck gold by finally sticking with the same players a few games in a row, then hit a speed bump with all the suspensions. Not sure there were that many things JK could have done with the remainder on the bench to make a difference tonight - we just played scared. Still can't start a game like this expecting to win...we still have that monkey on our back.

As JP Dellacamera said...will we learn from this, or continue to flail on the big stage?

2 steps forward and 3 back? What a horrible take! USA just lost on a semi-final of the Copa to the #1 team in the planet.

In the semi-final! After 3 straight wins, including beating a very good Ecuador team.

3 steps back? Haha!

We have no choice but to learn and get better...

Truth is somewhere in the middle, I think. JK struck gold by finally sticking with the same players a few games in a row, then hit a speed bump with all the suspensions. Not sure there were that many things JK could have done with the remainder on the bench to make a difference tonight - we just played scared. Still can't start a game like this expecting to win...we still have that monkey on our back.

As JP Dellacamera said...will we learn from this, or continue to flail on the big stage?

Also, many of our players look at Messi like the world looked at Michael Jordan in the 1992 Olympics... just in awe. Not saying we shouldn't be appreciative of his abilities, but playing scared isn't going to work...

On to the next. I'd like another shot at Colombia.

Also, many of our players look at Messi like the world looked at Michael Jordan in the 1992 Olympics... just in awe. Not saying we shouldn't be appreciative of his abilities, but playing scared isn't going to work...

I know one guy who wouldn't have looked at him in awe...Jones.

He probably would have picked up a red card, but still! :)

Last edited:

Good stuff thanks....both posts. :)

Case in point. US youth teams are always pushing to play 11v11, thinking it teaches spacing. The Barca youth program plays 8v8 until like age 13 or something. They want their players crammed together in order to master speed of passing, accuracy and first touch as the hallmarks of their game. Thus player size there usually means nothing and predicting your teammates movement is paramount. Everything needs played with your head up and scanning.

Great players do that...but we were not prepared or ready to play as we both know.

Would be nice to beat them....so yeah I agree.....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back