• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA Hockey team

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
Tough road for USA and they get in B group with Russia and Slovakia. Russia is using Former NHL players 2 Datsyuk and Kovalchuk. Canada filled their team with NHL outcasts..

Should be fun.

Sweden and Finland in same group..Good hockey right there

USWNT opens with a tough game and beats Finland 3-1. Fins with one of the top goalies in the world. She was the 'tender when Minnesota 41-0 a few years back

USWNT despite a dominating performance lose to Canada 2-1 but advance to the semi-final (by passing the Qtr Finals) none-the-less

Like our Rangers?

No

Decision should have been sooner than it was to go with non NHL players. These guys are a rag tag bunch from everywhere and were only given a couple of practices. Pretty much the same for Canada etc

Women's competition on the other hand has been stellar.

I wish they'd take players from the NHL like they do from the NBA for men's Olympic Basketball. Probably be a different story.
They did last Olympics. The IOC and the NHL couldn't come to an agreement this time around.

I wish they'd take players from the NHL like they do from the NBA for men's Olympic Basketball. Probably be a different story.

They have since 1998. The commissioner of the NHL who has out lived his long welcome has never been for the players going to the Olympics and he won out this time. He is paying a pretty high price for it though as a lot of people are upset with is decision most notably the players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back