• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

US Women's Soccer star Alex Morgan in SI Swimsuit Issue

Having had four sisters and now two daughters....trust me I do....this stuff will never end if the the Alex Morgan's of the world keep enabling it and you see kind of reactions this gets....both pro and con....

But what do I know....:) :)

I have sisters...a mother...etc. So what?

Chris Paul and some other male athletes posed. Only the uber uptight get all wound up about this nonsense. If it was playboy or more then I could see it. it's a SWIMSUIT in a SPORTS MAGAZINE.

as a parent of a 9 year old daughter that is a big fan of Alex Morgan - I'm with HS04 and RR on this one.

Plus, as a counterpoint to Bilsker, women's sports has the same element of competition as the men. The individual strength and athleticism may not match the men; but, the competition is as compelling as any men's game.

Not even close. And the ratings prove it.

Do you have a problem with what the German WWC team did this past summer? And her doing this didn't promote her sport, it just fueled opinions like the one Bilsker has. That women's sports aren't worth watching unless there is a hot athlete.

Why get your panties in a bunch over someone who is obviously promoting herself. She has every right to make a living, set herself up for other things after soccer or just have fun with it. She's obviously a great athlete who has worked hard and is proud of her body.

Honestly, I think your attitude is offensive. The whole women's lib thing is about women having the right to do what they choose, right? Again, I ask...who the hell are you to chastise her for what she chooses to do? She's not hurting anyone.

Now, if USA Soccer came and told her...."Hey, toots, you got a smokin bod and we need some more male fans! Here's your bikini...SI will be expecting you at noon." that's a whole different story. She wanted to do it so screw everyone else.

Thanks for agreeing Drozz, but I really am interested in how those who are against Morgan posing in the Swimsuit Issue stand on those female athletes who posed in ESPN's Skin magazine, and for athletes like May-Treanor and Walsh, who's sport is played in revealing sportswear. There's a difference between posing in the Swimsuit Issue, and having a gameday program where the women's soccer team is posing in painted on bathing suits. One is a well respected, and incredibly popular publication, and the other is a cheap way to get people to notice you. I don't have a problem with Danica Patrick's GoDaddy commercials (except for the fact they are lame), but I would have a problem if she showed up to a NASCAR event in a bikini, walking around pit road.

Same thing goes here. I don't have a problem with Morgan being apart of something well respected (and lets be honest, most guys who buy the Swimsuit Issue look at the pics, not reading the text). I would have a problem if she, and other female soccer players, decided that in order to keep their league in good financial shape, they had to play games in bikini's.

I do....then again I'm not a sexist nor watch woman's sports for that reason....but thats just me....I'd prefer the game oto be sold that way....it won't build lasting fans and allot of younger girls get turned off by it.....

What is sexist is you thinking you have a right to tell her this is wrong. You don't. Not even close.

Gimmie a break that is the biggest bunch of crock I've heard in a while......what I said has nothing to do with sexist at all.....but you already know that...your orginal post in this thread defined sexist....

I have every right in the world to tell her that....and would to her face if she asked...nothing sexist about that all....

What is sexist is you thinking you have a right to tell her this is wrong. You don't. Not even close.

Gimmie a break that is the biggest bunch of crock I've heard in a while......what I said has nothing to do with sexist at all.....but you already know that...your orginal post in this thread defined sexist....

I have every right in the world to tell her that....and would to her face if she asked...nothing sexist about that all....

Not a crock at all. You have no right whatsoever to tell a woman that she shouldn't be posing in the swimsuit issue. Well, I guess you have a FIRST AMENDMENT right but really...you have no moral ground to stand on. She did it because she wanted to and had the opportunity to. What's wrong with that? The fact that she has another job?

Is Chris Paul hurting the NBA by posing in the same issue? No, you say? You have no problem with him having a little fun with it? But because you are overly sensitive you think you can tell her she hurts women's sports by doing so? Thay, my man, is the real load of crap here.

And my opening post was sexist because I said women's sports are unwatchable? Please. They are for the most part.

And it IS sexist RR because you are only telling her than because she's a woman. Last I checked, female athletes don't check their rights at the door.

Last edited:
My sisters and one daughter are all pretty good athletes (one sister went to college on an athletic scholarship)....would never have done this....

Uptight....if you say so....looks like your pretty wound up yourself...:)

I have sisters...a mother...etc. So what?

Chris Paul and some other male athletes posed. Only the uber uptight get all wound up about this nonsense. If it was playboy or more then I could see it. it's a SWIMSUIT in a SPORTS MAGAZINE.

My sisters and one daughter are all pretty good athletes (one sister went to college on an athletic scholarship)....would never have done this....

Uptight....if you say so....looks like your pretty wound up yourself...:)

Who gives a damn what your daughter or sisters would do? If they had the opportunity and chose not to then great! But if they chose TO do it...great for them as well.

Thats complete garbage Bils and you know it....I'd tell a guy the same damn thing....and thats a fact....

bullcrap.

Where is your outrage for Paul, Nadal, the swimmer guy, etc.? Right. And if you are outraged then it's equally misguided.

She's an adult. She can do whatever the hell she wants. She says her family stood behind her 100%...I'd think twice when you approach her with your indignation. She might have a brother standing nearby.

Last edited:

I do...and thats all that matters...:)

And I suspect a few others do too....your not a real good tough guy Bils...let your interself out....your probally a real sweetheart...:) :)
Pickles sure thought so...:)

Who gives a damn what your daughter or sisters would do? If they had the opportunity and chose not to then great! But if they chose TO do it...great for them as well.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back