• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

US Women's Soccer star Alex Morgan in SI Swimsuit Issue

I agree...I have two daughters and my oldest who is 19 and pretty good player herself....hates this sort of stuff....no way to sell the game...and I agree hurts it with the younger girls that are coming up...

Interesting.... I think this type of stuff damages Women's sports more than it helps. Will be interesting to see if there is a backlash or not

Interesting.... I think this type of stuff damages Women's sports more than it helps. Will be interesting to see if there is a backlash or not

Oh please.

She's hot and she wanted to do it. Who are you or anyone else to tell her she's doing "women's sports" a disserrvice.

Women's sports are generally unwatchable. But I'd check out a women's soccer game for a minute to check her out.

Gimmie a break...

Oh please.

She's hot and she wanted to do it. Who are you or anyone else to tell her she's doing "women's sports" a disserrvice.

Women's sports are generally unwatchable. But I'd check out a women's soccer game for a minute to check her out.

Having had four sisters and now two daughters....trust me I do....this stuff will never end if the the Alex Morgan's of the world keep enabling it and you see kind of reactions this gets....both pro and con....

But what do I know....:) :)

Glad to see someone saw where I was coming from...

Having had four sisters and now two daughters....trust me I do....this stuff will never end if the the Alex Morgan's of the world keep enabling it and you see kind of reactions this gets....both pro and con....

But what do I know....:) :)
My point was that female athletes want to be seen as athletes first...but I can't really lecture her on it...her choice.

I don't have a problem with it. Maybe if I had a daughter I'd feel differently. I would maybe have a problem with it, if the whole team did something like this as a cheap promotion to get folks watching women's soccer, but Morgan's posing in the Swimsuit Issue, hardly some cheap promotion. She's an adult, and I'm sure wants to help promote her sport, and promote herself as well.

The men are fighting back!

david-beckham-underwear-ad.jpg

What about Beckham posing as a Men's underwear model? Would you chastise him for this? I am not saying that making any athlete a sex symbol does the sport any good, but male soccer players have been doing this long before Brandi Chastain took off her shirt and slid on her knees in her sports bra....let alone this.

david-beckham-300x400.jpg 0719_large.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back