• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

US Open

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Since hot topics is down...

As expected the course set up ended up being dumb. I love that it's tough. That's fine. But a war of attrition? Meh. Anyway...rooting for Poulter. Heckling golfers is lame.

The USGA often manages to make this tournament almost unwatchable with a ridiculously hard course set-up. Yesterday was just stupid. They should have learned their lesson at this course after the 2004 debacle at Shinnecock, but no, they didn't.

Poulter is an asshat and I would never root for him. That being said, the New Yawk golf fans are even bigger asshats than Poulter. And Fox makes it worse for us, the tv viewers, by their on-course microphone staging and volume. You have to listen to every drunk yahoo shouting "Baba Booey!!!!" or "Get in the hole!!!" of "U-S-A, U-S-A" ad nauseum like they were sitting right next to you in your living room.

Not sure if I am going to bother to watch today. If I do, I will mute the sound and listen to music instead.

I did laugh the other day when "you da man!" Guy yelled "WATER THE GREENS!!" after a tee shot.

Been watching between naps. Looks like Fleetwood might win this one sitting innthe clubhouse.

I did laugh the other day when "you da man!" Guy yelled "WATER THE GREENS!!" after a tee shot.

Been watching between naps. Looks like Fleetwood might win this one sitting innthe clubhouse.
Yeah, Fleetwood almost pulled a Webb Simpson today. He seems like a good kid, but what's with the hair? Does he think this is 1975 and he is auditioning for Jethro Tull?

I only watched the last couple of holes. Koepka definitely deserved to win. The course had dried out and was a lot more difficult than from the time Fleetwood played.

Somebody yelled at Finau after he hit a shot on the 18th hole, "How's your ankle?!" Kind of funny, but still, I guess I am a troglodyte who prefers the crowd to show some manners and appreciation rather than be loud-mouthed yahoos.

Glad to see Poulter go in the tank again today.

The USGA often manages to make this tournament almost unwatchable with a ridiculously hard course set-up. Yesterday was just stupid. They should have learned their lesson at this course after the 2004 debacle at Shinnecock, but no, they didn't.

Poulter is an asshat and I would never root for him. That being said, the New Yawk golf fans are even bigger asshats than Poulter. And Fox makes it worse for us, the tv viewers, by their on-course microphone staging and volume. You have to listen to every drunk yahoo shouting "Baba Booey!!!!" or "Get in the hole!!!" of "U-S-A, U-S-A" ad nauseum like they were sitting right next to you in your living room.

Not sure if I am going to bother to watch today. If I do, I will mute the sound and listen to music instead.
I have a friend here in Orlando that knows Poulter. Your assessment is very accurate.

What did you guys think about Phil's shot where he putted his ball while it was still moving?

I thought it was awesome. His explanation afterwards should have embarrassed the hell out of the USGA, but I think they're brain dead.

What did you guys think about Phil's shot where he putted his ball while it was still moving?

I thought it was awesome. His explanation afterwards should have embarrassed the hell out of the USGA, but I think they're brain dead.
I was both amused and appalled. The USGA had it coming to them, but Phil should have been DQ'd. John Daly did something similar at a US Open many years ago. Here is John's take on Phil....:Biggrin:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ckelson-us-open-john-daly-20180616-story.html
"That was the smartest thing Phil ever could have done," Daly told the Daily News by phone. "People need to get off Phil's ass. That decision probably saved him two, three, four strokes. If he hadn't done that, he'd still be out there."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back