• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban Meyer to...?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3889
  • Start date
Absolute pos human, but easily a top 20 HC of all time. He'd be challenging Clemson by year 2.

I’d like to see him at USC.

One of the talking heads on SiriusXm the other day was mentioning that the powers that be at USC have already stated that they would not consider Urb for the position should it become available. Of course in a strictly hypothetical that means about as much as Saban stating that he is not going to coach Alabama.

One of the talking heads on SiriusXm the other day was mentioning that the powers that be at USC have already stated that they would not consider Urb for the position should it become available. Of course in a strictly hypothetical that means about as much as Saban stating that he is not going to coach Alabama.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go back down South somewhere. FSU, Arkansas, Mississippi. He'd be a perfect SEC fit when you think about how they slide around rules and such. The B1G and OSU were way to restirctive for Urb.

I give Urban the edge over Nick Saban in terms of accomplishment. Yes, Saban won titles at both Alabama and LSU, but functionally, they're basically the same school in talent-rich moneyland. It's quite a different feat to make a team like Utah play at an elite level (before their Pac-12 invite), and then go on to win titles at both Florida and Ohio State.

It's one thing to build up a powerhouse and then maintain it (especially given Bama's recruiting advantages) than to essentially rebuild 3 separate schools and take them to elite levels.

If the Domers lose again this year, he will be the only name on their short list......

Even if they don't lose again, Kelly's seat is probably warm unless and until Meyer takes another job. Urban has called it his dream job and I think if he gets word to ND that he wants it, ND would not sit on their hands.

It wouldn't be a cart before the house scenario though. Kelly's safe unless Meyer to ND is a done deal behind the scenes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back