• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban Meyer, Big Noon Kickoff crew react to Big Ten Week 1 schedule | CFB ON FOX

I have always liked Urban Meyer. I have read his book and heard him speak in person. This guy is a total winner and understands sports at a championship level. He came to the defense of Nebraska a few days ago, so we have to appreciate that.

I have always liked Urban Meyer. I have read his book and heard him speak in person. This guy is a total winner and understands sports at a championship level. He came to the defense of Nebraska a few days ago, so we have to appreciate that.
I could never understand the hatred towards him. Even from Husker fans during the assistant coach issue. He had nothing to do with it and reported it to his AD. The police investigated the reports 4 times and basically said the lady was batchit crazy along with her own family calling her that. And people on here said urban should be fired. That's like firing Scott Frost for the 3 players cited for a loud party after they had been warned several times.

I could never understand the hatred towards him. Even from Husker fans during the assistant coach issue. He had nothing to do with it and reported it to his AD. The police investigated the reports 4 times and basically said the lady was batchit crazy along with her own family calling her that. And people on here said urban should be fired. That's like firing Scott Frost for the 3 players cited for a loud party after they had been warned several times.

It's his time at Utah and Florida especially that forms my opinion. And it's not a very good opinion.

To me he was one of the best coaches out there, because unlike some other alleged GOATs out there today, Urb won everywhere. He didn't necessarily need to completely outclass the opponent in the player category to win.

Football coach, he is by far one of the best, maybe as a person is where I question him a bit. But I am not perfect so I sure shouldn't judge.

Let's just say I would hope I wouldn't have allowed half of the stuff he did in his previous stops. Just read some of the background on Aaron Hernandez. It's one thing to try to help a kid, but it's another to knowingly allow violent behavior for a few years and do nothing about it.

Let's just say I would hope I wouldn't have allowed half of the stuff he did in his previous stops. Just read some of the background on Aaron Hernandez. It's one thing to try to help a kid, but it's another to knowingly allow violent behavior for a few years and do nothing about it.
As a football mind, he's a genius. He has stated that he's borrowed some ideas from TO.
As a motivator and leader of men, he's excellent.
He's a winner. Some of the things he's done in pursuit of winning (or failed to do / overlooked) make him not such a hero in my eyes.

Nobody's perfect. Watching him as an analyst makes me think that he may have some issues that tend to be associated with a savant. Sometimes it looks like he's spacing off. Probably has ADD.

I do appreciate his expertise, and love watching his analysis segments on BTN or Fox Sports. If you want straightforward, objective analysis, he's your man. That's why I appreciate his comments about Nebraska and the way HCSF is doing things.

Football coach, he is by far one of the best, maybe as a person is where I question him a bit. But I am not perfect so I sure shouldn't judge.

He is a great coach. But IMO he is a win at all cost coach. He IMO is also an ass of a person. Now, many coaches are this way and I realize that and don't have a problem with that. My big problem with Urban is that he is an ass and wants everyone to love him. He wants everyone to think he is a swell guy, but he isn't a lot of the time.

Nick Sabin is an ass. Always has been and always will be, but Sabin makes no bones about it. He owns it and is fine with it. I have no problem with Nick Sabin.

Now with all that said, I really appreciate what he said.

Last edited:
He is a great coach. But IMO he is a win at all cost coach. He IMO is also an ass of a person. Now, many coaches are this way and I realize that and don't have a problem with that. My big problem with Urban is that he is an ass and wants everyone to love him. He wants everyone to think he is a swell guy, but he isn't a lot of the time.

Nick Sabin is an ass. Always has been and always will be, but Sabin makes no bones about it. He owns it and is fine with it. I have no problem with Nick Sabin.

Now with all that said, I really appreciate what he said.

As a football mind, he's a genius. He has stated that he's borrowed some ideas from TO.
As a motivator and leader of men, he's excellent.
He's a winner. Some of the things he's done in pursuit of winning (or failed to do / overlooked) make him not such a hero in my eyes.

Nobody's perfect. Watching him as an analyst makes me think that he may have some issues that tend to be associated with a savant. Sometimes it looks like he's spacing off. Probably has ADD.

I do appreciate his expertise, and love watching his analysis segments on BTN or Fox Sports. If you want straightforward, objective analysis, he's your man. That's why I appreciate his comments about Nebraska and the way HCSF is doing things.

Agree with both. His football mind, whether as a coach or an analyst, is one of the best of all time. I really do enjoy his analysis of football, even if I don't like the guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back