• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UPSETS?

I know preseason polls/predictions are meaningless but ......

http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2019.html#national

NU is higher rankings than NW, Dirty Birds and Badgers (West Div.) I like it !!

And College Football programs on the verge of greatness (247 Sports)

1. Texas A&M
2. Michigan
3. Huskers :thumbsup:
4. Utah
5. Oregon

I realize everyone is chugging the Kool-Aid, but when was the last time we beat NW, Iowa, and Badgers? When was the last time we beat 2/3 in the same year (which is what I think it will take to win the west)? Until we actually do it, it's difficult to envision it.

We haven't beaten any of them since 2016.

Haven't won 2/3 in one season since 2014. I don't recall when Leaders/Legends died and East/West started.

I realize everyone is chugging the Kool-Aid, but when was the last time we beat NW, Iowa, and Badgers? When was the last time we beat 2/3 in the same year (which is what I think it will take to win the west)? Until we actually do it, it's difficult to envision it.

We haven't beaten any of them since 2016.

Haven't won 2/3 in one season since 2014. I don't recall when Leaders/Legends died and East/West started.
I would also ask when was the last time we had a QB rated as one of the best in the country let alone even in our own conference?

I would also ask when was the last time we had a QB rated as one of the best in the country let alone even in our own conference?

good point.

I've already bought plane tix to Indianapolis Dec 6, so I'm all in this year.

We beat 2 of the three this year, we have a chance to win the west. Probably have to throw Minny in there, as well.

You want to be the best, you have to beat the best!

We could go 2-2 vs NW, Iowa, Minny, and Wisky this year, and win the west, but would need help.

But we get NW, Iowa, and Wisky at home.

We have a favorable draw of East teams this year.

West champ is a possibility, for sure.

Still want to see solid play, consistently, from this team, which has eluded them for a long time.

We could go 2-2 vs NW, Iowa, Minny, and Wisky this year, and win the west, but would need help.

But we get NW, Iowa, and Wisky at home.

We have a favorable draw of East teams this year.

West champ is a possibility, for sure.

Still want to see solid play, consistently, from this team, which has eluded them for a long time.
We've got the right HC and an excellent staff to get Nebraska back on the national stage imo. You're absolutely correct in that we must be CONSISTENT which has been lacking for many years. We never knew what to expect from Nebraska teams the past at least 15 years. One game we knock off a very good team like MSU and lose to a Troy! :mad: Yes there were some valid reasons why we lost some games that we absolutely should have won. Last year had several games that gave me freaken ulcers and extremely frustrating snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Good teams find ways to WIN those close games not give them away.

Perhaps we're a year away from being a offensive juggernaut but it's coming imo. With just middle of the road defense this season we have an honest shot at winning our division. I sincerly hope those CCG tickets you have will have Nebraska as one of teams playing for Big 10 crown this year.

Last edited:
We've got the right HC and an excellent staff to get Nebraska back on the national stage imo. You're absolutely correct in that we must be CONSISTENT which has been lacking for many years. We never knew what to expect from Nebraska teams the past at least 15 years. One game we knock off a very good team like MSU and lose to a Troy! :mad: Yes there were some valid reasons why we lost some games that we absolutely should have won. Last year had several games that gave me freaken ulcers and extremely frustrating snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Good teams find ways to WIN those close games not give them away.

Perhaps we're a year away from being a offensive juggernaut but it's coming imo. With just middle of the road defense this season we have an honest shot at winning our division. I sincerly hope those CCG tickets you have will have Nebraska as one of teams playing for Big 10 crown this year.

Correction: PLANE TIX

I will get CCG tix when Shoowin.com allows prepurchase of tix. You are only on the hook for the tix if your team makes it to the CCG!

"The Big Ten has partnered with ShooWin to give all fans the opportunity to lock in face value tickets to the Big Ten Football Championship Game. Fans can visit ShooWin.com to purchase a team-based reservation for the title game for as little as $10. If their team qualifies for the Big Ten Championship Game, they are guaranteed the tickets for face value. If the fan's team does not qualify, the reservation simply expires and the reservation fee is all that is paid. Fans can also sell their reservations throughout the season on the ShooWin platform."

When I went to the CCG in 2012, I got tix this way, and got the best seats ive ever had...50 yd line, behind NU bench, 25 rows up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back