• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UPSETS?

Ohio State may not even be an upset by the time the game rolls around. New coach, albeit familiar. New QB. The game is in Lincoln. I would not be too incredibly shocked if Nebraska was a slight favorite by the time the game rolled around.

I agree with you and was thinking the same way. Yes, we have lost miserably and often to them. However, I feel a win over OSU this year would feel more like finishing what should have happened last year than it would an upset. I think a lot of the team felt that game slip through their hands.

I agree with you and was thinking the same way. Yes, we have lost miserably and often to them. However, I feel a win over OSU this year would feel more like finishing what should have happened last year than it would an upset. I think a lot of the team felt that game slip through their hands.
OSU had no problems winning the 3 games Ryan Day was the HC last year including against a top 15 team on the road. Yes Urb is gone now but the coaching staff is still there along with a bunch of 4 star talent that has had multiple years of development in Urb’s program. At this moment without a single game being played, beating them this year would absolutely be an upset. I also believe beating Wisky would be an upset. I fully expect the Huskers to beat Iowa. I love the enthusiasm however I’ve choked on too much Kool-Aid since the ‘99 season

Last edited:
Other than having AM at QB and SF as HC, there is no justification of having the Huskers ranked at all in the Top 25. The rest of the team is pretty average. I think people will be dismayed when the games start and the same teams that have run the ball on the huskers (Badgers, Hawkeyes) do it again. The misplaced optimism on the upcoming season is baffling to me. I think SF needs at least one more year to get more of his players in the starting lineup. Don't get me wrong, the team is definitely improving over the MR years, but it'll take more than just 2 years. This is a 3-4 year project, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That is where the team will likely fall or stand. We will likely win 8 games this year just because our draw in the East Division is so much easier than past year. And there should be no losses to teams of North Illinois or Troy, like in past years.

Other than having AM at QB and SF as HC, there is no justification of having the Huskers ranked at all in the Top 25. The rest of the team is pretty average. I think people will be dismayed when the games start and the same teams that have run the ball on the huskers (Badgers, Hawkeyes) do it again. The misplaced optimism on the upcoming season is baffling to me. I think SF needs at least one more year to get more of his players in the starting lineup. Don't get me wrong, the team is definitely improving over the MR years, but it'll take more than just 2 years. This is a 3-4 year project, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That is where the team will likely fall or stand. We will likely win 8 games this year just because our draw in the East Division is so much easier than past year. And there should be no losses to teams of North Illinois or Troy, like in past years.
Don't believe UCF had much of a defense when they went 13-0 in Frost's 2nd year? As a matter of fact they finished ranked 94th in total D. Yea yea it's not the Big 10 but they did beat a pretty good Auburn team. So there is that to consider which I believe is one reason we're ranked in the Top 25 preseason. We also finished strong and could have easily won our last 6 games IMO.

SF still has certain national "mystic" despite last years record. Go another 4-8 this season and obviously the bloom would be off that rose imo. However I'll bet the ranch we're going to have good season with a winning record and make a decent bowl.

Bottom line I have a lot more belief we're going to have a really good season then the opposite. I really don't believe ANY team in the Big can win a track meet against this years offense. Of course that assumes AM stays healthy and players like Mills can step up big. It's going to be a lot of fun but I have complete faith that SF and our coaching staff will have Nebraska one of the most improved teams in college football this season.

Don't believe UCF had much of a defense when they went 13-0 in Frost's 2nd year? As a matter of fact they finished ranked 94th in total D. Yea yea it's not the Big 10 but they did beat a pretty good Auburn team. So there is that to consider which I believe is one reason we're ranked in the Top 25 preseason. We also finished strong and could have easily won our last 6 games IMO.

SF still has certain national "mystic" despite last years record. Go another 4-8 this season and obviously the bloom would be off that rose imo. However I'll bet the ranch we're going to have good season with a winning record and make a decent bowl.

Bottom line I have a lot more belief we're going to have a really good season then the opposite. I really don't believe ANY team in the Big can win a track meet against this years offense. Of course that assumes AM stays healthy and players like Mills can step up big. It's going to be a lot of fun but I have complete faith that SF and our coaching staff will have Nebraska one of the most improved teams in college football this season.
Your argument about what SF did against Auburn in the Peach Bowl was the same justification I had for Nebraska winning the Big Ten in their first or second year in the league. We owned the Big Ten in on offs the previous 2 decades. We had a special offense and a D that was pretty good. We all know how that worked out. Bottom line IMO it’s a lot easier to win one offs against a team from another conference then it is to compete week to week in said conference. Bo finally started to build a Big Ten roster his last couple years then got canned and Riley came in with whatever his ideas are and that didn’t work. Frost and co didn’t really recruit a bunch of guys year 1 that match up in the conference, year 2 was better and so far in year 3 they’re grabbing Big caliber lineman. We have to own the conference and compete before we can think about anything bigger

I hear ya.
We certainly could be in for a nice year if the chips fall right. I anticipate 8-9 Wins.
Anything less will be a huge disappointment.
Anything more and I will be very happy.

I hear ya.
We certainly could be in for a nice year if the chips fall right. I anticipate 8-9 Wins.
Anything less will be a huge disappointment.
Anything more and I will be very happy.

That's about where I sit.

When's the last time 8-9 wins "wasn't too bad?" Early Pelini years?

Your argument about what SF did against Auburn in the Peach Bowl was the same justification I had for Nebraska winning the Big Ten in their first or second year in the league. We owned the Big Ten in on offs the previous 2 decades. We had a special offense and a D that was pretty good. We all know how that worked out. Bottom line IMO it’s a lot easier to win one offs against a team from another conference then it is to compete week to week in said conference. Bo finally started to build a Big Ten roster his last couple years then got canned and Riley came in with whatever his ideas are and that didn’t work. Frost and co didn’t really recruit a bunch of guys year 1 that match up in the conference, year 2 was better and so far in year 3 they’re grabbing Big caliber lineman. We have to own the conference and compete before we can think about anything bigger
I would argue Bo was better his first years in the Big Ten than his last.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back