• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UPSETS?

cthusker

You talken to me?
10 Year Member
Was wondering what games would Husker fans consider a TRUE upset this season? The only game I believe would be a true upset would be beating Ohio State in Lincoln. Might consider Wis or IA but if we beat OSU we'll probably be favored in all games until we lose one. I'm not suggesting we won't lose a game or two but the only team I see with clearly superior talent is Ohio State right now. Thoughts.......

Was wondering what games would Husker fans consider a TRUE upset this season? The only game I believe would be a true upset would be beating Ohio State in Lincoln. Might consider Wis or IA but if we beat OSU we'll probably be favored in all games until we lose one. I'm not suggesting we won't lose a game or two but the only team I see with clearly superior talent is Ohio State right now. Thoughts.......
It depends how the year unfolds. If we go 0-6 again, it would be an upset if we beat Wisconsin and Iowa. If we start the year right, I agree OSU is really the only one.

Last edited:
Other than having AM at QB and SF as HC, there is no justification of having the Huskers ranked at all in the Top 25. The rest of the team is pretty average. I think people will be dismayed when the games start and the same teams that have run the ball on the huskers (Badgers, Hawkeyes) do it again. The misplaced optimism on the upcoming season is baffling to me. I think SF needs at least one more year to get more of his players in the starting lineup. Don't get me wrong, the team is definitely improving over the MR years, but it'll take more than just 2 years. This is a 3-4 year project, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That is where the team will likely fall or stand. We will likely win 8 games this year just because our draw in the East Division is so much easier than past year. And there should be no losses to teams of North Illinois or Troy, like in past years.

Last edited:

Other than having AM at QB and SF as HC, there is no justification of having the Huskers ranked at all in the Top 25. The rest of the team is pretty average. I think people will be dismayed when the games start and the same teams that have run the ball on the huskers (Badgers, Hawkeyes) do it again. The misplaced optimism on the upcoming season is baffling to me. I think SF needs at least one more year to get more of his players in the starting lineup. Don't get me wrong, the team is definitely improving over the MR years, but it'll take more than just 2 years. This is a 3-4 year project, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That is where the team will likely fall or stand. We will likely win 8 games this year just because our draw in the East Division is so much easier than past year. And there should be no losses to teams of North Illinois or Troy, like in past years.

It's hard to get a gauge on defense until we start playing teams.

With offense, we can look at routes, plays, speed, mechanics, etc., and analyze those things pretty succinctly. But defense has to react to a dozen different schemes and playbooks each season. How many times have we seen one player be a complete wreck against, say, a spread offense, and then they absolutely kill it against a ground-based attack? For that reason alone, defense is much more dynamic and hard to measure, unless you have a roster full of Suhs and Amukamaras (which we currently don't).

Other than having AM at QB and SF as HC, there is no justification of having the Huskers ranked at all in the Top 25. ........

COULD be. I'm always worried about potential AM's bug injury. And Washington-less.

However, think positive. 15W-0L !! You know Huskers are undefeated ?? (127 teams tied for 1st place) ;)

Last edited:
Ohio State may not even be an upset by the time the game rolls around. New coach, albeit familiar. New QB. The game is in Lincoln. I would not be too incredibly shocked if Nebraska was a slight favorite by the time the game rolled around.

Ohio State may not even be an upset by the time the game rolls around. New coach, albeit familiar. New QB. The game is in Lincoln. I would not be too incredibly shocked if Nebraska was a slight favorite by the time the game rolled around.
Yep... If we take of our business in the first four games, there is a good chance we will be favored (or even money) against tOSU. First big road test for their new HC and new QB, though I suppose one could argue that Day won a big "road" game against TCU in Dallas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back