• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Updated Article: Mike Stoops interested in Nebraska defensive coordinator position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
I suspect he is not interested in being a co-coordinator with Luke Fickel....:) He is now declining to comment on if he has talked to Bo or not....before it was 'no'.....;) Maybe this will happen after all.....:cool:

Former Arizona coach Mike Stoops says he would consider the Nebraska defensive coordinator's job if it is offered to him.

He declined to comment on whether Bo Pelini had discussed a job with him but added, "I talk to Bo a lot."

The 49-year-old Stoops said 21st-ranked Nebraska, which would have three straight 10-win seasons if it beats South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl, would be the type of place he's looking to work.

"They're awfully good, and Bo has a great defensive mind," he said. "Those are important elements to me, as well as having an opportunity to win at a high level."

Stoops said he watched Nebraska three or four times on television this season and was impressed.

"Bo has a certain style he likes to play, and it's very effective," Stoops said. "We saw them in a bowl game and they got after us pretty good."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/art...aska-defensive-coordinator.html#ixzz1fn40xciB

I think we got him, RR. There's no way he goes back to Norman to be "Co" DC nor does he go to OSU for the very same reason. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on it. You?

I hope so and I hope it's announced quickly so he can get out there and recruit. The longer this drags on the more I get the feeling this will be an internal hire. Nothing against JP, but I am ready to get a proven coach on staff, not someone who may be great/good/average/bad. With Stoops, it's a known quantity. The article listed above regenerates some hope for me. The denial!

This would be a great hire. Do assistant coaches ever get incentive based contracts? Maybe, they are working on a lower salary, but work incentives into the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back