• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update On Cyrus Hobbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
I'm starting to think, with all I have read and heard, that we have an excellent chance at landing Cyrus....he is really excited to be in Lincoln this weekend and he is also excited at the thought of playing O-line with our other four 4**** OL recruits....

Rivals has him as a 4**** 5.9 rated OG....

His recruiters are Barney Cotton and Ron Brown....

He has seen us once already, as he took an official visit to Washington for the game we played against them....

Has had two official visits to Oregon State and Washington so you have to like our chances of landing him....has no more visits scheduled at this time.....

With Admire gone the spot is waiting for Mr. Hobbi....:)

Scouting Report on Cyrus Hobbi

On the Hoof: Hobbi has wide shoulders, thick arms and the chest of a serious weightlifter. Hobbi has very little bad body weight and adding another 20 pounds won̢۪t be a problem. His physique is similar to Notre Dame offensive guard Chris Watt.

Needs Improvement: He is fairly lean right now and could use some extra weight for run blocking. Hobbi also thinks he is an offensive tackle, but his arms are not long enough so he will need to learn how to play inside.
Most Impressive: Hobbi looks very natural getting into his pass set and understands the importance of hand placement. He does a nice job of moving his feet while engaged with a defender. His body type looks very versatile as he could easily play center, guard and perhaps right offensive tackle.

Conclusion: This tough offensive lineman has what it takes to become a three-year starter. He backs down to no one and is very athletic for the position.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cyrus-Hobbi-99039

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was one of our top targets at OL all along and that we would have taken him even if we still had Admire.

Good feeling about this one...

I'm starting to think, with all I have read and heard, that we have an excellent chance at landing Cyrus....he is really excited to be in Lincoln this weekend and he is also excited at the thought of playing O-line with our other four 4**** OL recruits....

Rivals has him as a 4**** 5.9 rated OG....

His recruiters are Barney Cotton and Ron Brown....

He has seen us once already, as he took an official visit to Washington for the game we played against them....

Has had two official visits to Oregon State and Washington so you have to like our chances of landing him....has no more visits scheduled at this time.....

With Admire gone the spot is waiting for Mr. Hobbi....:)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cyrus-Hobbi-99039

I know you are a BIG Tyler Moore fan, as am I, but I think Hobbi is his equal in terms of overall prospect. Hobbi is one of the best OG recruits in the country. Would be a great get....

OK so basically no news at all on any of these recently updated threads, but nice effort to make it appear like there was. :Biggrin:

OK so basically no news at all on any of these recently updated threads, but nice effort to make it appear like there was. :Biggrin:

They are basically updated as anywhere else you are going to find on the internet. If its out there you will normally find it here. RR, HIO and others do a great job. Couple of things to consider, nobody committed if thats what your looking for. Alot of the kids such as Cyrus Hobbi are taking other visits.(Washington). Another thing to consider is that the coaching staff may be being picky on some of the kids as there is alot of interested recruits and only a handful of spots left. Trust me though, if its news, it shows up here fast!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back