• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update on Aaron Green & new evaluation on him (8/18/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
First quote is from today....18 August 2010....free article on ESPN...

Cal already has two RBs committed....Florida State has two and perhaps three with Wilder and with Texas it appears to be Brown is a lock....

Aaron Green (San Antonio, Texas/James Madison)
Four-star running back | ESPNU rank: 13

Green is down to four schools or is he? He recently named Nebraska, Cal, Florida State and Texas as his four favorites, but that doesn't mean a few more can't play their way on the list.

"I am not ruling anyone out," Green said. "Those four are my leaders and certainly some other teams could work their way up with me."

But if you apply a process of elimination then Green should be headed to Nebraska. Cal just committed Houston area running back Daniel Lasco and Texas has their sights set on Brown. FSU could land James Wilder later today, although that is still up in the air. It also helps that his brother, Andrew, signed with Nebraska in 2009.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?id=5473006

New eval of Aaron from 16 August....free article....

Evaluation

**** 84 Rank #14

Green's production dipped a bit as a junior, but this guy still has some of the better feet, vision and natural running skills we have seen in recent classes. Has more than adequate size but will need to add more compacted bulk to increase in-line running strength and durability at the next level. Reaches top speed within steps and can stop-start and regain it as good as any. His ability to redirect and cutback on a dime is outstanding as well as his ability to run with his eyes and see the small creases open. Burst and quickness to daylight is excellent Near impossible to get a direct shot on at the high school level, particularly when he takes a deep handoff on draw plays. Simply does not gear down when cutting; balance and body control are excellent. Great pick and dart type of runner on the inside zone play who simply shreds defenses with outstanding lateral footwork and agility. Displays good hands out of the backfield and polished overall receiving skills. Is very dangerous in the screen game with his ability to transition upfield quickly and can line up in the slot and create mismatches on linebackers. Top-end speed is good not great; a bit of a short strider. Flashes a second gear but it's not in an upper-tier level as well. Our main concern is his lack of downhill power and yards after contact production. Certainly can make defenders miss but his ability to lower the shoulder, absorb the big hit and run between the tackles as a fulltime back is a question mark. Like to see him utilize his great downhill burst and get North more decisively out of his cuts; something he seemed to do more as a sophomore. All that said, Green is an extremely talented, electric type runner with some of the better big-play ability in this class. Could jump back to the head of most college running back's board with a big senior season.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recr...ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=97236

Last edited:

Hard to not be excited at our chances with Green. Seems like he could do a lot behind our renewed O-Line.
Thanks, RR.

Our main concern is his lack of downhill power and yards after contact production. Certainly can make defenders miss but his ability to lower the shoulder, absorb the big hit and run between the tackles as a fulltime back is a question mark.

I don't like the sound of that. I think the RB's NU has going now do a good job after contact, and it was refreshing to see. Hope if Green ends up here at NU they can take care of that

He is more of a Reggie Bush type of 'back.....and I suspect that is how Bo and Watson will use him....hell of a talent....

I don't like the sound of that. I think the RB's NU has going now do a good job after contact, and it was refreshing to see. Hope if Green ends up here at NU they can take care of that

ok ...I am familiar with most schools down there having scouted for 6 years 4A and 5A, but sometimes get the schools confused...Seems the redistricting can change quite a bit every two years.

ok ...I am familiar with most schools down there having scouted for 6 years 4A and 5A, but sometimes get the schools confused...Seems the redistricting can change quite a bit every two years.

Yeah......every two years they do redistricting classifications and it starts thiw year. Teams are going up and down to 4A, 5A. Cibilo Steele where Malcom Brown plays just went up to 5A. We (Pflugerville) just moved districts where we were 2 years ago and one of our schools Connally dropped back down to 4A.

There were a lot of teams state wide changed classes and districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back