• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UPDATE: 2019 B1G Grid

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
2019GRID.png

Lots of 8/29 and 8/30 opening season dates (Thursday/Friday). Wisconsin and Purdue will be on the road (facing S.Florida and Nevada).

I believe four FCS teams ...... SDSU vs Minnesota, Howard (who?) vs Maryland, Idaho vs Ped St, and later on, Liberty vs Rutgers.

TV CFB Listings. On August 24th, Samford vs. Bo's crew (ESPN), UThugs vs. Florida (ESPN), and Arizona at Hawaii (CBS Sports). :Popcorn:

Last edited:
Lots of weak ass teams in the non conference for the B1G, much better than the weaker ass SEC but still.

I believe four FCS teams ...... SDSU vs Minnesota, Howard (who?) vs Maryland, Idaho vs Ped St, and later on, Liberty vs Rutgers.
Liberty is now a FCS team. Howard is a traditionally black college in the D.C. area. South Dakota State would have been a tough first game for most BCS schools at the start of last year, but they graduated a bunch of starters, including a 4-year starting QB, so Minnesota should cruise.

Liberty is now a FCS team. Howard is a traditionally black college in the D.C. area. South Dakota State would have been a tough first game for most BCS schools at the start of last year, but they graduated a bunch of starters, including a 4-year starting QB, so Minnesota should cruise.
Never heard of Liberty school until HC Turner Gill

Idaho used to be FBS. Or else Idaho State. From Division 1 to Division 1-A ... unusual move. Probably only one.

Ten years ago or so, South Dakota U. (Coyotes) upset against Minnesota Gophers. South Dakota State dominate South Dakota U. year after year. SDSU vs. Huskers .... September 12th 2020 and August 31st 2024.
(I was born and raised in Sioux Falls)

Last edited:

FWIW, Nebraska has cupcake city in the non-conference. And no, don't give me, "but Colorado -- and we scheduled them years ago." The Buffs have been one of the worst football programs in the country for many years now. Since 2005, CU is 113th nationally in winning percentage. That is one sorry ass program that (I hate to say it) -- is not worth nearly the money people are shelling out to see play in Boulder.

Even more so next season (Central Michigan, South Dakota State, Cincinnati).

It is fortunate Nebraska has some appealing conference opponents in Lincoln this season.

One very minor correction, rather clarification. DC area would indicate that it is not in DC but a suburb of. Howard is pretty much dead center in the middle of DC.

FWIW, Nebraska has cupcake city in the non-conference. And no, don't give me, "but Colorado -- and we scheduled them years ago." The Buffs have been one of the worst football programs in the country for many years now. Since 2005, CU is 113th nationally in winning percentage. That is one sorry ass program that (I hate to say it) -- is not worth nearly the money people are shelling out to see play in Boulder.

Even more so next season (Central Michigan, South Dakota State, Cincinnati).

It is fortunate Nebraska has some appealing conference opponents in Lincoln this season.
Cincinnati is kinda tough now days. In 2018, 11W-2L and composite rankings, 31. Briefly appeared Coaches Top 25 poll. '18 Bearcats beat UCLA and VTech both on the road.

BTW, our 2018 Huskers, 77 rankings.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Last edited:
If Nebraska is going to play an FCS team--and I preferred that they didn't--I'd much rather that it be somebody who has absolutely no chance of ever winning. Playing NDSU is just dumb. Playing some of the other top teams in the FCS, including anybody near the top of the Missouri Valley, is also not smart. You're expected to win, so if you lose, it's embarrassing, and if you win, you're mocked for it. Play UNLV or New Mexico State or whoever else is FBS and consistently awful if you're just looking for an automatic win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back