• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNL vs NW ST & UT ARLINGTON (DH) - 3/4/22 - FRIDAY - 11 PM & 3 PM - Games 1 & 2 of 4 (vs NW ST &UTA)

Nebraska has averaged 2.5 runs of offense over their past six games. Not going to win many college baseball games with that level of offensive production.

This is supposed to be a weekend series where we go no worse than 3-1. Both Northwestern State and UT Arlington are garbage.

It's still early, but we've definitely put some dents in our postseason hopes already. You can't afford to start the season 2-7 when the only quality team we've played is TCU.

I had some darn commitments today. Just checked in…

Four runs in the ninth-inning not a good way to end the day. Yikes…I read this last posts towards the end of the game…comical almost….

Hopefully better to tomorrow.

I read a post from an “insider” that says Bolt is using these games to “find out what he has”. and is not as concerned about won loss this early.

we lost the 1234 hitters from last year who were enormously productive and 3 of our very top pitchers….and now Bunz….

this individual thinks we will have some ups and downs because the team is very young.

I think that is fine coach…see what you have…buuuut continuous losing is a disease that you must avoid if you can. This game loss was avoidable…..

when the only quality team we've played is TCU.
I actually believe Sam Houston is a quality team….I think they will make the tournament.

Too early to really tell but they seemed loaded with pitching and they played very solid, fundamental baseball and hit fine…especially in the clutch. Beat Okie State the other day…rated #4.

Four runs in the ninth-inning not a good way to end the day. Yikes…I read this last posts towards the end of the game…comical almost….

I read a post from an “insider” that says Bolt is using these games to “find out what he has”. and is not as concerned about won loss this early.

we lost the 1234 hitters from last year who were enormously productive and 3 of our very top pitchers….and now Bunz….

this individual thinks we will have some ups and downs because the team is very young.

I think that is fine coach…see what you have…buuuut continuous losing is a disease that you must avoid if you can. This game loss was avoidable…..

The problem with that approach is that the non-conference opponents provide a better opportunity for building a postseason resume than most Big Ten opponents will do.

And I agree -- losing can become contagious, as you suggest. It's a fine line between experimenting and failing.

Regardless, still too much season ahead -- so we gotta be careful about overreacting. But I don't think this is what any of us had in mind to start.

But I don't think this is what any of us had in mind to start.
yes…especially after last year….that team had some wonderful “magic”

but I’ve been a baseball guy forever and should have known better.

It’s really, really hard to keep producing the magic in baseball year after year. Too many variables and the sport itself is too streaky and unpredictable.

You strive for “consistency“ but It’s just damn hard to achieve and maintain….at least it was for me Coaching HS Baseball.

Buuuuut once again….it’s just too early to say.

Lets hope Coach starts finding what he is looking for.

That ninth inning was just “something” if I read those posts correctl.

From a baseball guy. Baseball is situational, you have to know what to do and when to do it. Will has the guys in place, they just need to understand it. If you are sitting on a dead red spot on the first pitch and it is not there, okay. Runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs, make contact. Make the other team field the ball. Throw strikes, forget the K, throw to contact and get the out. I think there may be some EGO's right now that need to grow up.

Bottom of the 9th

4 run lead

You throw strikes….

That simple

I think we have the guys too….and maybe all this is is a sorting out process to find the right combos.

Let’s hope

Early in the season or not…You don’t lose a game to a team that has far less talent and isn’t even ”hot” with a four run lead in the bottom of the ninth.

You just don’t…..

except…we did.

So…shake it off…learn and come back tomorrow ready to play.

It’s all you can do.

that is rather stupid, in my opinion. Allowing the team to lose games to find out what you have? Goodness

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back