• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNL Huskers host NDS Bisons - Wednesday - 4-20-22 - 6:35 p.m. Central - Hawks Field

Thanks for the pbp. I am away from Internet and this was my link to follow the game. I appreciate everything you guys do.

and it makes no sense. Fundamentally they were tremendously sound on defense last year. Brice was excellent and so was Max.

Bunting we have always sucked which is amazing to me
Fundamentals and situational play was so much better last year. Was there a change to the coaching staff? When the entire team cannot bunt, that is on the coaching staff. These kids have played enough baseball that the situational hitting, base running, fielding, should all be second nature. That is concerning to me.

Fundamentals and situational play was so much better last year. Was there a change to the coaching staff? When the entire team cannot bunt, that is on the coaching staff. These kids have played enough baseball that the situational hitting, base running, fielding, should all be second nature. That is concerning to me.
No change in staff, in fact a great veteran ex head coach Rob Childress joined as a player development guy.

My “theory” is that the 8 players and pitchers who left provided the spark and leadership that the others fed off of making the overall team very sound. This year no one or a group has stepped up to provide that spark….the kids seem disjointed…..constantly playing whack a mole. Seemingly solving one problem only to have another appear….or reappear.

The defensive lapses are just…..inexplicable to me.

Experience solves this and our young pitchers seem to be coming along nicely.

I would expect though….a pretty large turnover and Bolt will hit the Portal….a lot.

Too many “holes” in this team “experience” won’t fix.

No change in staff, in fact a great veteran ex head coach Rob Childress joined as a player development guy.

My “theory” is that the 8 players and pitchers who left provided the spark and leadership that the others fed off of making the overall team very sound. This year no one or a group has stepped up to provide that spark….the kids seem disjointed…..constantly playing whack a mole. Seemingly solving one problem only to have another appear….or reappear.

The defensive lapses are just…..inexplicable to me.

Experience solves this and our young pitchers seem to be coming along nicely.

I would expect though….a pretty large turnover and Bolt will hit the Portal….a lot.

Too many “holes” in this team “experience won’t fix.

Finally witnessed a win in person. I’m 1-3 now.

The pen got themselves in trouble, but always managed to work back out of it. That was good to see.

Offense is still bad, we are largely a HR team as it is hard to string anything together. And the 7-9 hitters are sub 200 most games and Brice hasn’t had a hit in a month. I’m ready to see Core full time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back