• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNL Christmas Tree Theft

Reddit.

Wasn't even browsing UNL or football. Someone posted it randomly and I saw it was UNL. And yes, I noticed the date. Maybe someome gave Steve Pedersen a Fox Pee Tree.
Fox urine is used as a cover scent on traps or for anything hunting related. You can buy it at Walmart. When it gets old, it no longer smells "right," and it gets more nasty. I assume that someone was collecting all of the outdated/clearance stuff and re-purposing it.

This isn't really football, but it's UNL and pretty hilarious!

To combat the theft of trees around Christmas time, University of Nebraska-Lincoln used to spray their trees with fox urine. It freezes and has no odor outside, but thaws if taken indoors. The resultant smell is so rancid it is “eye-watering”.

I knew there had to be a reason all those people were crying when Riley was fired!

thinking they never sprayed anything and the UNL students believed it. They are so gullible at that age. Just go to Iowa and cut down their trees... wait, what?

It's like summer camp when they tell you that there's a special red dye in the swimming pool to detect if people have peed. I remember one of my buddies running up to a camp counselor and gleefully telling him that the dye didn't work.

Didn't it, though?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back