• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Uni reform

These types of threads are hilarious to me. I also get a big kick out of you guys who scream and cry about using black in our alt uni's. Tell me again how these colors don't absolutely compliment each other. And I don't care about those who try to say that black is not a color, which is technically correct, but it is a shade and it compliments red and white quite nicely. Also, for the whiners about this subject, alt uni's aren't going away, it's a part of the game now, so either quitcherbitchin' and deal with it, or embrace it and have fun with it. GBR!

View attachment 76536

Looked, couldn't find any mention of black. Yes, neither is white, but at least it's close to cream. Official University Colors

I understand guys who want our team to look like Texas Tech as they've had slightly more success on the field lately. Personally, I'd rather our team be good than look good.

Looked, couldn't find any mention of black. Yes, neither is white, but at least it's close to cream. Official University Colors

I understand guys who want our team to look like Texas Tech as they've had slightly more success on the field lately. Personally, I'd rather our team be good than look good.
LOL! Don't be so stodgy. Nothing wrong with alt uni's, I mean just look at the text here. It's all three colors, shade included.

Are you kidding me cream it looks like people peed on themselves
Nope, not kidding at all. I think those unis look good as they present a different look over the standard white.

What's the saying....everything is in the eye of the beholder?

I just wish we'd wear a uniform that resembles and ear of corn.

For the jersey and pants, choose between yellow kernels, white, and on special occasions, Indian corn (which would need a new name, as that's not cool). The helmet should resemble a tassel ... and green jackets resembling husks.
Is this the result of too much 2nd hand smoke from those concerts you go to?

Unpopular opinion: I like the all-black set and wish we could see it added as a permanent option. I'd like to see more mix and match combos throughout the season.

I think there's room to have a traditional looking uniform (shoulder stripes, simple helmets) and still appeal to student athletes. A number of teams let their players vote on uniforms from week to week, which I think gives the kids more of a sense of ownership.

Here's a mock up I did a while back. A few subtle changes, such as a thicker helmet stripe, the use of the Iron N on the helmet, and a 1970s "NU" helmet (gray facemask) as a permanent option.

y1l95GM.png
I am ready for a helmet change. We use the Iron N for everything else except the football helmet. Frankly, until they start playing like the Huskers of yester-year they don't deserve to wear "that" uniform, including the skinny N IMO. Use the 80's uni once a year as a "throw-back" but move forward with an Iron N helmet and lets start anew...

I think all uniforms should be different every game, designed by the teams uniform committee, seems like the players dictate other issues why not this?

LOL! Don't be so stodgy. Nothing wrong with alt uni's, I mean just look at the text here. It's all three colors, shade included.
I didn't say anything about alt unis. I don't like them but they're a great vehicle for Nike, Adidas, etc. to profit from. My beef is using black as a primary color. It's not Nebraska and I don't think it's good for the Nebraska brand. I've seen game photos and had to read the caption before realizing it's NU.
But whatever, fashionistas gonna fashionista.

I didn't say anything about alt unis. I don't like them but they're a great vehicle for Nike, Adidas, etc. to profit from. My beef is using black as a primary color. It's not Nebraska and I don't think it's good for the Nebraska brand. I've seen game photos and had to read the caption before realizing it's NU.
But whatever, fashionistas gonna fashionista.

What is this aversion people like you have to black in the uniform and Nebraska using alternate uniforms?

Things change. Just because something has been done a certain way doesn't mean it has to stay that way. That is a terrible reason to do anything.

If Nebraska tomorrow decided that black is now a primary color, are you going to stop being a fan? Will you lose your mind and run the streets screaming? Of course not. Because it's not that serious.

Have you considered that maybe the kids like wearing black? Because ultimately it's about them, right?

What is this aversion people like you have to black in the uniform and Nebraska using alternate uniforms?

Things change. Just because something has been done a certain way doesn't mean it has to stay that way. That is a terrible reason to do anything.

If Nebraska tomorrow decided that black is now a primary color, are you going to stop being a fan? Will you lose your mind and run the streets screaming? Of course not. Because it's not that serious.

Have you considered that maybe the kids like wearing black? Because ultimately it's about them, right?
What is the obsession with black uniforms? If it's not that serious, why does anyone who doesn't like black in the uniform get jumped on like they advocate banning the forward pass?

I hope the kids come here to play football, not because they get to wear cool colors. As far as I'm concerned, if that's the case, boot 'em through the portal pronto.

What is the obsession with black uniforms? If it's not that serious, why does anyone who doesn't like black in the uniform get jumped on like they advocate banning the forward pass?

I hope the kids come here to play football, not because they get to wear cool colors. As far as I'm concerned, if that's the case, boot 'em through the portal pronto.
I don't think anyone would give two cents why a kid comes to Nebraska if it meant we were winning again. The change up with the uniforms excites this generation and it should be about them, not you.

I wanna have us wear powder blue like ole’Miss and UCLA and North Carolina wear for our AlterNate Unis— Don’t think all of our players are into bling and hype and cool unis— I don’t know if any of you noticed but all of the football players are getting their eyebrows waxed and so are the players nationwide

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back