• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNI Panthers vs UNC Tarheels

this will not help UNI schedule home games. Just reinforces the fear the big dogs have of traveling to the good mid majors, There is no upside to a power five school playing at a UNI or similar school. You have plenty SOS in conference without poking one of the good mid major bears

if paige didn't have a broken hand, I think UNC would have won this one...they were missing their floor general...and it showed.

this will not help UNI schedule home games. Just reinforces the fear the big dogs have of traveling to the good mid majors, There is no upside to a power five school playing at a UNI or similar school. You have plenty SOS in conference without poking one of the good mid major bears

The only reason they got it was because Roy likes to play a game close to where a player is from...maybe once in their 4 years. Not sure why he wouldn't have tried for ISU or Iowa.

One reason I'm liking the CU move to the Big east. Never would have gotten OU here last year or whoever they'll get in the gavitt games next year. ASU this year (not that they are a premier program). Etc.

I get that it was for a player, but thats the only reason. Mid majors road games are power 5 coaches worst nightmares, especially those on the high end of the spectrum. And yes, Creighton fans benefited as much as the team from the jump up to the Big East. The conference games are unreal and it is WAY easier to schedule good non conference home and homes. In the past the best you could hope for was a 2 for 1 situation, and even those dried up when Creighton became one of the scary teams.

Not sure I agree. Its not like football where a loss can cripple your season. I think its still a great tuneup for a top team to play a dangerous foe like this. And when they come out with a loss, like UNC did, then it gives the coach the ability to tell them that they weren't as dominating as they thought they were and they need to be bringing it every night.

Not sure I agree. Its not like football where a loss can cripple your season. I think its still a great tuneup for a top team to play a dangerous foe like this. And when they come out with a loss, like UNC did, then it gives the coach the ability to tell them that they weren't as dominating as they thought they were and they need to be bringing it every night.

Trapped is right. Power conference teams absolutely will not schedule road games against mid majors except in very rare circumstances. Many don't schedule more than one true road game ooc...the rest are neutral site games.

Trapped is right. Power conference teams absolutely will not schedule road games against mid majors except in very rare circumstances. Many don't schedule more than one true road game ooc...the rest are neutral site games.

But, there is no real reason not to.

yep, the coach can use this as a great teaching tool. If UNC wins it all, th

yep, the coach can use this as a great teaching tool. If UNC wins it all, they can thank UNI for serving up this lesson.

yep, the coach can use this as a great teaching tool. If UNC wins it all, they can thank UNI for serving up this lesson.

scared then. if you want to show you're one of the best, you have to be willing to play whoever...after all if you are the "best", you should have no problem beating anyone. prove it.

Coaches at programs like UNC, KU, Duke, etc. have never seen it this way and never will. MOST of those teams play BIG time OOC games against each other to go along with the cream puffs everyone schedules. So if you're going to risk losing games you're going to risk it against other power teams. Nothing good comes from playing UNI at UNI.

Again, when CU was a member of the valley it was frustrating as hell because they only way you can get a game against these teams is the occasional Maui or Puerto Rico tourney. Or maybe a buy game (roadie with no return visit). Now that the tables have kind of turned for CU I wouldn't be in support of them going to play a UNI or a Drake on the road. What's the point?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back