• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

I'm going to see this band perform at a club in downtown Austin Thursday night. They are a Bogota, Colombia band on their first extensive U.S. tour. ... in Austin all week, as they are also playing ACL Fest.

Monsieur Periné won a Latin Grammy in 2016 for best new band. Apparently they put on a helluva live show, so I'm pretty pumped to see them (in a small venue, blues/jazz club) ...

Last edited:

This will not be most of you guys cup of tea, but a buddy of mine just scored tickets to this show. I expect to have chills when she starts to sing.... Looking forward to this show immensely.

I'm going to see this band perform at a club in downtown Austin Thursday night. They are a Bogota, Colombia band on their first extensive U.S. tour. ... in Austin all week, as they are also playing ACL Fest.

Monsieur Periné won a Latin Grammy in 2016 for best new band. Apparently they put on a helluva live show, so I'm pretty pumped to see them (in a small venue, blues/jazz club) ...

I like to know what I am listening to(language wise), but, how were they live? They seem like they could be fun to see live.

I like to know what I am listening to(language wise), but, how were they live? They seem like they could be fun to see live.

They were a blast! Very high energy. I got there early, as I wanted to be at the front of the stage -- and you can literally stand right next to the stage and put a beer down on it. They played in a jazz club downtown. Sold out show. I would say about 500 people packed in there. Seven members in the band. I was literally about a foot away from the lead vocalist -- and my god, she is gorgeous! I was so close, I could smell her perfume.

Live, they are extremely upbeat. Very danceable. Their music is a blend between traditional Latin and old-time jazz, which you can't help but groove to. There was a trombone and sax ... those guys would have their instruments occasionally held right into the crowd. At one point, they went off-stage and into the crowd to perform, and everyone around them were dancing like crazy. Yeah, a bit of a drawback for us English-only people. But I'm used to seeing bands with non-English lyrics. I just think of the vocals as another instrument. And the vocalist in this band speaks fluent English, so she'd talk in English between songs. I will absolutely go see this band again. So much fun energy!

Last edited:

Here's a video I took ... the only drawback to being so close to the stage is that the bass drowns out quite a bit of the other sound on my phone -- but I think it'll give you a good idea just how incredibly entertaining they are.

Last edited:

It’s been a long time since the Horrorpops have done anything but there has been a lot of activity on there Facebook page recently which seems to indicate a return to the music scene. Hopefully new music is on the horizon.

They were a blast! Very high energy. I got there early, as I wanted to be at the front of the stage -- and you can literally stand right next to the stage and put a beer down on it. They played in a jazz club downtown. Sold out show. I would say about 500 people packed in there. Seven members in the band. I was literally about a foot away from the lead vocalist -- and my god, she is gorgeous! I was so close, I could smell her perfume.

Live, they are extremely upbeat. Very danceable. Their music is a blend between traditional Latin and old-time jazz, which you can't help but groove to. There was a trombone and sax ... those guys would have their instruments occasionally held right into the crowd. At one point, they went off-stage and into the crowd to perform, and everyone around them were dancing like crazy. Yeah, a bit of a drawback for us English-only people. But I'm used to seeing bands with non-English lyrics. I just think of the vocals as another instrument. And the vocalist in this band speaks fluent English, so she'd talk in English between songs. I will absolutely go see this band again. So much fun energy!
Very cool. Based on the vid you posted, they look and sound like they'd be really fun to see live. Tons of energy. Also based on what you posted, if they come anywhere near me, I would definitely go see them perform. Glad to hear that it was a good show. :thumbsup:

I always liked this song. Loved the whole album.... Rubber Soul.

Not a huge Beatles fan, and honestly BigNed, I can see why JL didn't care for this song. It's brutal, and who would really want to sing that night after night? Seems like it might fit in with shows like Dexter or whatever. I so much prefer the Beatles in this mode..... Great performance imho.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back