• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

I felt odd liking the song back when it came out, I guess because the vocals are so.....feminine...., but musically it’s spot on.

Feminine ... well, Al Stewart is Scottish. :)

There's a lot of that easy listening sound from the 70s that trickled into the early-80s that I'm certain I thought was garbage at the time. But remove the youthful "not cool" bias and you realize how amazing a lot of that stuff is musically.

There was a English folk revival in that time frame, that infiltrated a lot of American radio with an abundance of "easy listening."

Feminine ... well, Al Stewart is Scottish. :)

There's a lot of that easy listening sound from the 70s that trickled into the early-80s that I'm certain I thought was garbage at the time. But remove the youthful "not cool" bias and you realize how amazing a lot of that stuff is musically.

There was a English folk revival in that time frame, that infiltrated a lot of American radio with an abundance of "easy listening."

Agreed. ELO is another band I thought was garbage back in the ‘80’s that is amazing to listen to now. They weren’t Zepplin or AC/DC so they sucked.

Music is more enjoyable when you get a little gray in your chin whiskers.

Just trying to deal with life today...Prince while the best at funk, he can get me out of mine

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back