• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Some of you probably are familiar with Shakey Graves. Native Austinite. Attended Austin High School about the same time as Gary Clark Jr. Shakey Graves is trending toward Gary's popularity.

This is especially relevant to my interests right now. I finally received my foot drum set last week and have been working on smoothing out the timing.

Hendrix was a game changer but Ernie Isley carried the torch pretty well. Those fuzzed out '70s riffs were a cool compliment to the Isley sound.
If you get a chance check out "The Monks" One and only album from 1966. Grunge/punk before it's time

If you get a chance check out "The Monks" One and only album from 1966. Grunge/punk before it's time
Black Monk Time! I have it. Great stuff. The Monks, The Sonics, a lot those "Nuggets" bands are great.

I dig this a lot. I posted a few things of there's on here sometime last year. There live show at Tiny Desk Concerts is really fun. It's a little less than 20 minutes. I believe I also posted there full performance from KEXP also,well worth the listen.

Last edited:
I dig this a lot. I posted a few things of there's on here sometime last year. There live show at Tiny Desk Concerts is really fun. It's a little less than 20 minutes.
I'll have to check that out. Love their albums.

I used to say the Pixies are my "all time favorite band" but I've listened to them so much that I burned myself out. No matter how much I listen to Joy Division, I never get tired of the music. I think they've unseated the Pixies as my all time fave. This is a good tune for reading the paper and having a Sunday morning expresso.
I discovered the pixies last year. Spotify puts together a Playlist of user's most played songs of the year. River euphrates was my most played song last year, and I think every song off of surfer rosa made the list lol.

Been listening to these guys for about 2 weeks now. Some trippy stuff going on in this song. Hope they come around here, I'd love to see this show live. This one starts slow, but ends up that way also, but.....

I discovered the pixies last year. Spotify puts together a Playlist of user's most played songs of the year. River euphrates was my most played song last year, and I think every song off of surfer rosa made the list lol.
:thumbsup: It seems like most people gravitate to Doolittle. It's a great album but, like you, I'm a Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim guy. I also have a soft spot for Trompe Le Monde.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back