• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

The first 3 stone temple pilots' albums were a big part of my teenage years. I didn't really follow them too much after that. I didn't really like them with Chester Bennington. He sounded like he was trying too hard to sound like Scott Weiland. The new guy does sound kinda like Scott as well, but does it without sounding like he's trying to. I may have to check out their album that came out a few years ago.

Here an oldie that is one of my favorites.

The first 3 stone temple pilots' albums were a big part of my teenage years. I didn't really follow them too much after that. I didn't really like them with Chester Bennington. He sounded like he was trying too hard to sound like Scott Weiland. The new guy does sound kinda like Scott as well, but does it without sounding like he's trying to. I may have to check out their album that came out a few years ago.

Here an oldie that is one of my favorites.

Weiland, IMO, is kind of the John Cazale or Gale Sayers of rock n roll frontmen. His "prime" was a pretty small window but, in his prime he had the stage presence of a Jagger/Plant/MJ. He had the effortless charisma and just owned the stage.

Weiland, IMO, is kind of the John Cazale or Gale Sayers of rock n roll frontmen. His "prime" was a pretty small window but, in his prime he had the stage presence of a Jagger/Plant/MJ. He had the effortless charisma and just owned the stage.

I saw him wit Velvet Revolver in one of his sober eras and I would agree. His demons consumed him though and as you said his window was small mostly because of that

Was just in Key West. Chose the beach instead of the shows. Heard a few bands as we walked past the venue and they also had a free stage set up outside of Sloppy Joe's on Duvall Street. Advertised as "Red Dirt" musich.

1580613357622.png

Last edited:

One of my first guitar hero's was Rory Gallagher....still is for that matter. This is the band that introduced him to the world and the two studio and one live album have stood the test of time fifty years later.

I can hear at least two future Led Zeppelin riffs in this tune....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back