• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ugly accusations...

I don’t see anything mentioned about Raiola in this article except a link to Reddit. There’s nothing new in this piece, only restating Severe’s radio comments.

Saw this a little while ago. The Raiola issue is ugly....
We talk about how people still don't think Frost should have been fired. Read the comments and you can see there are still a lot of people out there that think it was wrong.

I don’t see anything mentioned about Raiola in this article except a link to Reddit. There’s nothing new in this piece, only restating Severe’s radio comments.
Severe didn't talk about the Raiola deal, at least not that I know of.

The thread alleges that when Frost recruited Raiola's son, he blew off the in-home meeting because he was drunk off his ass. The Raiolas had 15 family members over for a big family dinner and were expecting Frost.

If true, it means Frost flew to Arizona, got crazy drunk and then tried to do a Zoom call instead of a personal appearance. Ryan Day seized the opportunity and flew out to AZ the very next day and signed the kid to Ohio State.

Who knows if there's even a shred of truth to that (it's Reddit). But it's a pretty bad look for Frost, if true.

Last edited:

The thread alleges that when Frost recruited Raiola's son, he blew off the in-home meeting because he was drunk off his ass. The Raiolas had 15 family members over for a big family dinner and were expecting Frost.

If true, it means Frost flew to Arizona, got crazy drunk and then tried to do a Zoom call instead of a personal appearance. Ryan Day seized the opportunity and flew out to AZ the very next day and signed the kid to Ohio State.

Who knows if there's even a shred of truth to that (it's Reddit). But it's a pretty bad look for Frost, if true.
I heard the same thing about 3 weeks ago from a big Husker fan here in Manhattan. I said that I highly doubt that actually happened, then this came out. Shame on him if so, as Riola was going to commit from what I was told.

We talk about how people still don't think Frost should have been fired. Read the comments and you can see there are still a lot of people out there that think it was wrong.
Not true.
I read the comments and the even hit "show more comments" and there was only one person who thought Frost shouldn't have been fired. One is not "a lot of people".
The rest were trashing rehashing of rumors, not defending Frost's performance.

Well, the link to Reddit takes you to the Raiola claim and includes a bonus claim in the comments about Frost, Chin, and Davison behavior at a central Nebraska golf course.

Not true.
I read the comments and the even hit "show more comments" and there was only one person who thought Frost shouldn't have been fired. One is not "a lot of people".
The rest were trashing rehashing of rumors, not defending Frost's performance.
Let me rephrase that to people who felt what was told in the story was no big deal, gee late to practice. By their response I assumed many or some may have felt he shouldn't have been fired.

Well, the link to Reddit takes you to the Raiola claim and includes a bonus claim in the comments about Frost, Chin, and Davison behavior at a central Nebraska golf course.
FWIW I don't really care if Frost and staff drank and partied all night at some golf course in central Nebraska. I mean, Bob Devaney was supposedly a big drinker, but it didn't seem to affect his job performance.

The Raiola stuff is outrageous, though.

meh. I have no problem with the staff getting together and having some drinks and golfing. We have no details on the dude complaining about it. He likely wanted to talk football and get selfies and Frost and his group just wanted to be left alone. It's on Reddit for crying out loud. That's like the ghetto version of Wiki.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back