• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UCONN Bounced in WBB Final Four

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
UConn gets Bounced from the Final Four for the second year in a Row, losing 91-89 from a Notre Dame Buzzer Beater in OT! ND goes on to play Mississippi State in the Final (who bounced UConn in last years Final Four, 66-64 also in OT, losing to So Carolina in the Final).

The Final should be an exciting game; Tomorrow, 4/1/18, Easter Sunday @ 5 pm Central, ESPN.

ND played only 6 players because of season-ending injuries to several players during the year; and likely would not have made it this far without the transfer, and granting of immediate eligibility to Jessica Shepard from Nebraska. Shepard was the third highest scorer for ND, with 15 points.

I am one of three people in the world who is a fan of both Nebraska and Notre Dame. Shepard was the high scorer for the Irish in the national championship game and the second highest scorer for the season. She was invaluable for ND this year.

Oddly enough, Shepard gave Auriemma some of the credit for her success. When UConn beat Nebraska Auriemma said Shepard was very talented but not in good enough shape. She agreed, so she worked hard to make sure he wouldn’t say that about her again. Because of the injury situation she had to play a lot this year, so thank goodness she was in shape.

And so ND wins it; 61-58; Assisted in no small part by a controversial non-call by the refs against ND on a knock-down, who then made up for it by assessing a reach-in foul against MSU. :Cautious:

And so ND wins it; 61-58; Assisted in no small part by a controversial non-call by the refs against ND on a knock-down, who then made up for it by assessing a reach-in foul against MSU. :Cautious:

No-call wasn't even a judgment call. Ref swallowing his whistle there was an outrage. Yet the announcers didn't have the guts to criticize it at the time.

I am one of three people in the world who is a fan of both Nebraska and Notre Dame. Shepard was the high scorer for the Irish in the national championship game and the second highest scorer for the season. She was invaluable for ND this year.

My second favorite ND team.

I wish Fighting Irish will join B1G conference (football).

BTW, I passed through Notre Dame campus. Kinda small.

God's Will (Catholic school). Especially sabbath day.

Guaranteed Villanova will win tonight. Again God's Will. Well maybe ....

jim-harbaugh-college-football-s-most-enthusiastic-recruiter-tried-to-make-pope-francis-a-michigan-fa_948269_.jpg

pope or God ?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back