• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyronn Lue Fired by Cavs.

LarstheRed

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
All I can say is Miles needs to have a good year. He has some solid pieces in place, and expectations that are above 'don't suck'. I think Lue actually likes the idea of teaching the game of basketball, and not just babysitting arrogant professionals. I'll wager Moos has already started to create a relationship behind the scenes.

Again, I really like Tim Miles as a person. He's been a pleasure to watch communicating with the media, and his in-game tweets are fun, but we do need to show some solid improvement in the areas we've been struggling with for years.

Lue was one of my all-time favorite players. He had the fastest 0-to-full-speed when running with the ball than anyone I've ever seen.
He was fun to watch at point guard. He didn't have the pure speed of Keith Moody or Bennie Parker, I don't think, but much more ball skill.

I only mention Keith Moody because he ran a 4.4 40, weighed over 200 and ran over Billy Law like he wasn't there.

On topic - I'd like to see Lue take some time for his health and then come consult at Nebraska. As an aside, how crazy would it be to have Erstad, Frost, Lue, Amy Williams all coaching the teams they starred on? Pretty sure I'm missing someone too.

He was fun to watch at point guard. He didn't have the pure speed of Keith Moody or Bennie Parker, I don't think, but much more ball skill.

I only mention Keith Moody because he ran a 4.4 40, weighed over 200 and ran over Billy Law like he wasn't there.

On topic - I'd like to see Lue take some time for his health and then come consult at Nebraska. As an aside, how crazy would it be to have Erstad, Frost, Lue, Amy Williams all coaching the teams they starred on? Pretty sure I'm missing someone too.
Yeah, Lue may not have been the fastest, but he reached his top speed in just 2 or 3 steps. He was amazingly quick. Handled the ball well.

Last edited:

I think Lue will take some time off. The college game has to be easier on a person. Yeah, constantly recruiting young kids would wear on you, but the NBA is a daily grind from September to June if you are a playoff team. With all of Lue’s NBA connections, it’s hard to imagine him going to college. Lars is right though, if Moos is serious about basketball, he should already be engaged in a conversation with him.

Tim has to come through this year or the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

I think Lue will take some time off. The college game has to be easier on a person. Yeah, constantly recruiting young kids would wear on you, but the NBA is a daily grind from September to June if you are a playoff team. With all of Lue’s NBA connections, it’s hard to imagine him going to college. Lars is right though, if Moos is serious about basketball, he should already be engaged in a conversation with him.

Tim has to come through this year or the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
Let’s be honest, his name and ‘street cred’ are pretty good right now, and when it comes to recruiting, so much of that done in college basketball, is handled by assistant coaches. Bring in a couple of recent NBA retirees who want to get into coaching, a good X’s and O’s guy, and he could build something nice. He’s a smaller town Mizzou guy, so it’s not like he couldn’t connect with local talent. We have great facilities and darn good fans. What’s not to like?

I read there was an organized protest outside Staples Center yesterday.

It's pretty amazing two of the most storied franchises in the NBA -- Lakers and Knicks -- have become the the two most dysfunctional. Both have now gone six consecutive seasons minus the playoffs. Although the Lakers were winning championships ten plus years ago. The Knicks have sucked for a long time now.

No way were the Lakers going to tie themselves to Ty for more years than Lebron has left! He was getting the job simply because Lebron likes him. As bad as this is from a PR standpoint for LA, it is the smart basketball move for the future.

No way were the Lakers going to tie themselves to Ty for more years than Lebron has left! He was getting the job simply because Lebron likes him. As bad as this is from a PR standpoint for LA, it is the smart basketball move for the future.
I think Ty walked away from an easy 18 million for 3 years worth of work, and I doubt he gets any better offer. This was a very poor decision on his part.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back