• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyler Hildebrand returning

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
With today's announcement that Hildebrand is returning as the 'associate head coach' mean that maybe Cook is going to hang 'em up after this year and that maybe Hunter, who is scheduled to be a volunteer coach this year, will become an assistant under Hildebrand in 2021?

With today's announcement that Hildebrand is returning as the 'associate head coach' mean that maybe Cook is going to hang 'em up after this year and that maybe Hunter, who is scheduled to be a volunteer coach this year, will become an assistant under Hildebrand in 2021?
Your guess is just as good as anyone else's guess. Do we know if Cook is ready to retire?

227gx1.jpg

“I don’t know when I’m retiring, but I don’t make that decision,” Cook said. “I don’t think that’s in my job description unless that’s changed so that’ll be the athletic director’s decision what happens there. I take it day by day, but I love coaching right now and am fired up.”

I expect Cook is still ready for another 5+ years, if he wishes. Having Tyler on staff and appropriately named as associate head coach allows for a clean transition when it's appropriate.

That and in Shatel's column today, he quoted Cook as saying all the hurdles had been cleared by Moos and the administration to bring TH back. I think he's the next HC here, when Cook is ready to step down.

It could be a few more years before he retires because I thought Cook promised some current players/recruits he would coach them their entire career. Of course things can change.

He will retire when Hildebrand is ready. Plus, he can't pass up getting to Omaha! It may be his last hurrah! Wouldn't that be a great way to go out? :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back