• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyjon Lindsey and Dylan Owen were hospitalized

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/rhabdomyolysis-symptoms-causes-treatments#1

Rhabdomyolysis Causes

There are many traumatic and nontraumatic causes of rhabdomyolysis. In the first category, causes include:

• A crush injury such as from an auto accident, fall, or building collapse
  • Long-lasting muscle compression such as that caused by prolonged immobilization after a fall or lying unconscious on a hard surface during illness or while under the influence of alcohol or medication
  • Electrical shock injury, lightning strike, or third-degree burn
  • Venom from a snake or insect bite
Nontraumatic causes of rhabdomyolysis include:
  • Extreme muscle strain, especially in someone who is an untrained athlete; this can happen in elite athletes, too, and it can be more dangerous if there is more muscle mass to break down.

wow, i'm surprised the university was allowed to say the diagnosis. thinking HIPAA concerns usually prevent them from doing that. but this is not just over-exhaustion / dehydration. Rhabdomyolysis is serious stuff. i hope they were able to avoid permanent damage to their kidneys

a big football news dump today, the hospitalizations are the most dramatic news. but JoJo having a setback is huge and Darlington moving on is a big deal for our recruiting class.

reading the LJS article makes it pretty clear that the team is - right now - not up to the level of fitness/condition that UCF was and they're going to have to pull back a little and take some time to try to work their way up to that point

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back