• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ty Hahn is N! (walk-on)

this is an interesting approach to in-state borderline recruits - promise scholarships later. Gifford's is called a "blueshirt" do we have a name for the "wait 18 months kid" option?

Last edited:
The plan is for Hahn to walk-on for the first two years and be placed on scholarship for the last three.

But that wasn’t it. About two weeks ago, head coach Scott Frost called and had a revised offer: walk on for two years and play the final three on scholarship. Or, show up and earn it quicker than that.

The plan is for Hahn to walk-on for the first two years and be placed on scholarship for the last three.

Interesting approach. Ive never heard of that type of formal arrangement before. Glad that Hahn is staying home, however it worked out.

How fast is he?
6-2, 197, 4.59 40, 4.09 shuttle, 38.6 vertical) - that was Betts' number from the same Camp that Hahn was at.'

Hahn was: 6-2, 186, 4.65 40, 4.13 shuttle, 35.20 Vertical

He's a great athlete for a walk on. I think he would have had a lot more offers if he played at a higher level team in HS

Last edited:

(6-2, 197, 4.59 40, 4.09 shuttle, 38.6 vertical)

He'd a great athlete for a walk on. I think he has a lot more offers if he'd played at a higher level team in HS
I liked the comments from head nutrition guy (Ellis?) that Ty could get up to 215 without getting slower. Would be fun if he got faster with S&C (assuming Johnson-Brock doesn't have UNL equivalent weight room) while he is getting bigger. Love the potential.

I liked the comments from head nutrition guy (Ellis?) that Ty could get up to 215 without getting slower. Would be fun if he got faster with S&C (assuming Johnson-Brock doesn't have UNL equivalent weight room) while he is getting bigger. Love the potential.

Oops, sorry, my numbers were off. These are the correct numbers (was copying and pasting from the Hahn thread earlier!) Numbers aren't hugely different though:

Hahn was:
6-2, 186, 4.65 40, 4.13 shuttle, 35.20

Betts was:
6-2, 197, 4.59 40, 4.09 shuttle, 38.6 vertical)

40 times look a bit slow as they were done at a The Opening Regional Camp with a better measurement system

Hahn is a great get.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back