• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Two possible things that could happen in the second half?

What's done is done. Time to move forward. GBR.

Are you suggesting that by mentioning it as a possibility Frost somehow cause it to be more likely? I suppose that's possible. As it started to happen the players might have freaked out because it was in a way predicted, if that's what you mean.

But I don't see how Frost could be faulted for that. The other team coming back in the 2nd is always a possibility. The HC saying that and then challenging the team to not let it happen is pretty standard halftime locker room talk. If our team crumbled because of it, I'd say it's just the kind of fragility Frost was hired to address, and I believe eventually will.

Are you suggesting that by mentioning it as a possibility Frost somehow cause it to be more likely? I suppose that's possible. As it started to happen the players might have freaked out because it was in a way predicted, if that's what you mean.

But I don't see how Frost could be faulted for that. The other team coming back in the 2nd is always a possibility. The HC saying that and then challenging the team to not let it happen is pretty standard halftime locker room talk. If our team crumbled because of it, I'd say it's just the kind of fragility Frost was hired to address, and I believe eventually will.
I don't think it is wise to suggest to a team that has had trouble winning games that they could blow it in the second half. I think you tell them what they are going to do to win the game and not open up the possibility that they might blow the game, especially in light of last year's outcome. Keep things positive. Frost admits in this same presser the mental issues with this team.

Last edited:

Excellent points!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back