• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Twins great Harmon Killebrew dies

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
:( One of my boyhood hero's....met him several times and he was a true gentleman and very humble...have several autographed pictures and cards....may God rest his soul and comfort his family...

Harmon Clayton Killebrew, an iconic Minnesota Twin known for his prodigious home runs and humble demeanor, passed away Tuesday morning at his Scottsdale, Ariz., home at the age of 74 after a nearly five-month battle with esophageal cancer.

Killebrew was the face of the Twins franchise for 14 seasons after the franchise moved to Minnesota from Washington, D.C. before the 1961 season. He is 11th on the all-time major league home run list with 573, of which 475 were hit wearing a Twins uniform. He has the eight highest single-season totals in Twins' history. And he became the team's first MVP in 1969 and its first Hall of Fame inductee in 1984.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/122004519.html

Killebrew hit those towering shots, he was a remarkable baseball player and human being. All Minnesota will be in mourning, for a long time.

Yes he could hit the ball higher and further then just about any slugger I have ever seen....

Killebrew hit those towering shots, he was a remarkable baseball player and human being. All Minnesota will be in mourning, for a long time.

Sad indeed. Was a bit before my time, but was my pops all time favorite player, heard many stories growing up of watching Killer play at the old Met.

Harmon Killebrew was the Twins first baseman when my Dad took me to my first MLB game at the Metropolitan stadium in Bloomington. He was a great player and person. I'm going to a Twins game Wednesday. I will think of #3.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back