• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Turner Gill on ESPN's the 'Experts' talking bowl match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

About the only gig he will get with his disaster as a Big time coach.

Turner inherited a disaster of a football team at a basketball school. I doubt KU could have hired ANYONE that would have done any better considering the situation.

He'll land on his feet again.

Last edited:
BCS conference, YES. He was the worst coach ever in BCS conference imo as his teams got destroyed every time and his offense was crap...treated grown men like children and wonder why he had problems.

They are in BCS conference, but they aren't and haven't been a competitive program, let alone "big time," except for one year where the fat man had an easy schedule, playing neither Oklahoma or Texas, playing callllllly led Nebraska and Ron Prince led KSU... losing to Mizzouri, the only real team the played that year.

That program is garbage and their one decent season was smoke and mirrors. They fell right back to earth the next year and started their decline after that (8-5, 5-7 Mangino's last two years).

The program was rotted out from the inside by Mangino, and Gill inherited an absolute mess.

Last edited:

I could see Gill doing the TV thing for one season, and make some contacts. There are a lot of CFB teams out there, and I'm sure one will take a chance on him. May not be a great program, but he'll get another shot somewhere.

Worked for Urban, with a slightly :wow: different coaching history.

They are in BCS conference, but they aren't and haven't been a competitive program, let alone "big time," except for one year where the fat man had an easy schedule, playing neither Oklahoma or Texas, playing callllllly led Nebraska and Ron Prince led KSU... losing to Mizzouri, the only real team the played that year.

That program is garbage and their one decent season was smoke and mirrors. They fell right back to earth the next year and started their decline after that (8-5, 5-7 Mangino's last two years).

The program was rotted out from the inside by Mangino, and Gill inherited an absolute mess.

Agreeing with you feels dirty. :)

I'll beat the dead horse but Gill's biggest mistake was taking the wrong job. Coaches on the rise really need to take the right one because doing otherwise can end a career.

Worked for Urban, with a slightly :wow: different coaching history.

I'm not saying he's going back to a BCS school, but it wouldn't be out of this world if a WAC, C-USA or Sun Belt school thought he was a good guy to hire. I'd have to imagine he's getting a lot of sympathy from the coaching fraternity, and that will probably go a long ways to getting a new job.

I watched the replay of The Experts. I thought that he did a nice job in a group that has obviously worked together before. If he were interested in working as a commentator, I think he could be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back