• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Turn around!/look for the ball!" Guy

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
The first eagle TD was exactly what happens when you look for the ball and don't have control of the guy you are covering. 6.

I love when DBs watch the backfield and forget what zone they are suppose to be covering.

That said, turning around does come in handy when you're in position, working the inside technique with the WR up against the side boundary of the end zone.

I thought you were talking about the receiver who had the ball sail past his head as he ran down field. Timing was definitely a little off there.

My absolute #1 pet peeve. They usually follow it up with "no way to get the interception if you don't look for it!" Completely neglecting that the main goal is still to not give up a touchdown. Not how I wanted to start my Monday.
Lol...you're welcome!

I will admit I am the first one to yell 'Ball' when it is getting close to the defender. The problem being if it is an away game I am pretty sure they can't hear me through the TV and if it is a home game I am pretty sure they can't hear me from sec. 609 (east balcony). That being said, I feel better yelling it. I also don't mean for them to look back (unless that is what they are coached to do) it is more for them to do something like jump, put their hands up or something along that nature.

Agree 100%, but an even bigger pet peeve for me is when a defender uses their "away" hand to try to bat the ball away--forcing an entire upper body twist and not actually getting the same length from doing the same with the "near" arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMR

That being said there are multiple instances (Bootle most notably) where he is in perfect position, right on the hip and reading his receiver keys perfectly but didn’t trust his technique enough to look back to make a play. So there are definitely times both ways but I believe Coach Fisher did make strides getting some swagger in the secondary and they were making more plays as the year progressed.

Just to add to that, not every play can you look back and there are a few routes where it is 1000x better to just play the man and not try and locate the ball and some coverages but also a few missed opportunities and they are decently difficult to differentiate unless you have been through the film room/played/coached at a decent level

That being said there are multiple instances (Bootle most notably) where he is in perfect position, right on the hip and reading his receiver keys perfectly but didn’t trust his technique enough to look back to make a play. So there are definitely times both ways but I believe Coach Fisher did make strides getting some swagger in the secondary and they were making more plays as the year progressed.
Bootle was 16th in the country in pass breakups. Tough crowd.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back