• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tunnel Walk

BleedHuskerRed

Recruit
5 Year Member
I apologise if this has been covered, but what was up with the tunnel walk. No Sirius, is that a new thing going forward? Personally I hope not.

I agree with Crawdad, great choice for spring game and unification of fan base. I was glad to see it more about the players than HCSF highlights and coming home (even though I love some of his highlight reels). Sirius is tradition and I would expect it stays the same come fall.

I would LOVE to see Sirius go away. The Michael Jordan Bulls started that and we followed suit.

I think it is stale and not original. I don’t think of it as tradition since te Bulls used it first.
I wouldn't mind seeing a different tunnel walk song, but they need to bury the tapes and delete the digital version of that crap they played this morning.

I would be pleased if I never heard Sirius again in my life
giphy.webp

Sirius song jumped the shark over 20 years ago. The version of come together was corny and not in a good way. The whaling guitar was comical.:Biggrin:

Last edited:
It is time to change it. Not all parts of every tradition are worth keeping. Here is the deal. Sirius is NOT a tradition. It is PART of a tradition. NO ONE is talking about doing away with the Tunnel Walk. We are talking about changing it. While not all change is going to be good. (I personally do not like the doors they added about ten years ago.) However, updating away from a song that was crap AT THE TIME it was released. To something that will get fans and the players hyped. Well that is called evolution.

It is time to change it. Not all parts of every tradition are worth keeping. Here is the deal. Sirius is NOT a tradition. It is PART of a tradition. NO ONE is talking about doing away with the Tunnel Walk. We are talking about changing it. While not all change is going to be good. (I personally do not like the doors they added about ten years ago.) However, updating away from a song that was crap AT THE TIME it was released. To something that will get fans and the players hyped. Well that is called evolution.
I like the song. Every time it comes on it makes think of the Huskers

I don’t like the Sirius thing either but I liked the Come Together “version” less. Beatles or Aerosmith only please. Good message, lame version.

If Husker Nation continues the constant debate about the Tunnel Walk song maybe Coach Frost, Associate AD Matt Davison, and HuskerVision will use this song to start the 2018 season...be careful.

2018 Husker Tunnel Walk Nominee

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back