• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tune in (Mon 1/18/21) to see Bryce McGowens play at the St. James NIBC Invitational.

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
(Bryce McGowens is #5)

Monday's game is at 10:00 CT on ESPNU (Legacy Early College vs La Lumiere School)
------------------------------------
Sunday's game is at 12:30 CT on ESPN3 (Legacy Early College vs Bishop Walsh)

----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Bryce definitely looks like his brother: same intense stare telling you "you don't want to play with me, it will go badly for you".

EDIT: McGowens can definitely hit free throws... maybe he can teach the rest of the Huskers when he gets to Lincoln.

EDIT EDIT: McGowens had about 20 points - 13ish from the free throw line! He did miss one. He was something like 3-20 from the field... he was bumped, checked, chucked and fouled all over the place. Commentator was high on him - said once he spent some time in the weight room and learned to use his base he would be a good defender. Pure shooter, but just beginning to come around outside. Has been on cruise control until the last year or so -- going to current high school has caused him to concentrate in practice and get much better, expects more at college level.

My guess: Doesn't sound like a one-and-done candidate, and he's got to get tougher to play in the Big Ten. Could score a lot, and it will be hard for Fred not to play him at forward (because he's so long) once he gets some heft to him.

Last edited:

Had the game on this morning and only got to see a couple minutes due to visitors. :Frown:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back