• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trying to Understand

With that said, to the outside world and to future recruits, 7 wins would be a sign of progress, and despite a few demoralizing losses (using your example), it would be perceived as Frost is righting the ship....regardless of what folks are saying on HM. At this point, I would take 7 wins...with that brutal schedule in 2021, as a sign of progress/improvement.

Absolutely true, and I don't think we're far off from what we're saying. I just don't think an AD should ever put a rigid number in place. Much like the Big 10 leadership, when you do things like that, you back yourself into a corner. The program should be evaluated every year, and if his performance isn't good enough, regardless of record, then that should be it.

Difficult to disagree with anything you have stated here. I thought the same things, and have had the same questions, as had a lot of us. Between radio talk shows and incredibly cryptic responses from "insider information" posters, it is difficult to decipher what is going on. When you find out, lmk. Keep the faith #GBR
Those cryptic responses are getting old. Dont claim to have inside information and then say you cant share it. Most of us come here for information.

Yep. TO himself fired Riley for the stated reason that he was holding Riley to the same standard to which TO was held. It was always TO’s understanding that he’d be fired if he had a single losing season, and he pointed out that Riley had had two of them.

The Five Million Dollar Man measures up poorly by that standard.
That was Callahan but good point none-the-less

Read between the lines. That's exactly what he was saying while trying not to throw any shade on Frost.

Completely agree with this.

Wan'dale isn't a bad dude so he's not going to overtly come out and criticize Frost or Nebraska's program. But what he did say is that his decision was 50-50 because of COVID and getting to the NFL. The "getting to the NFL" part absolutely implies that he did not believe he'd get there based on the way he's been used in the Nebraska offense.

Completely agree with this.

Wan'dale isn't a bad dude so he's not going to overtly come out and criticize Frost or Nebraska's program. But what he did say is that his decision was 50-50 because of COVID and getting to the NFL. The "getting to the NFL" part absolutely implies that he did not believe he'd get there based on the way he's been used in the Nebraska offense.
Easy,just remember his comments on staying healthy, and why I believe Wandales going to be disappointed doing this, they hit hard in the SEC too, and with more touches comes more hits.

He said he wanted to keep his body healthier, it may not be possible.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back