• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

True leadership statement from NCAA

It’s also different all over the country. Why should Nebraska have to live with the same constraints Rutgers will?
When they have to play them... but your point is well taken outside of travel and competition. Good thing the Big Ten is there to provide structure.

When they have to play them... but your point is well taken outside of travel and competition. Good thing the Big Ten is there to provide structure.

I’m interested to see what form that ultimately takes, especially if Rutgers has to cancel their season.

In a situation like this there really is not much the NCAA can do. This will be 100% up to the States, conferences, individual schools, likely in that order.

The NCAA's approach is completely unsurprising, and also appropriate.

The NCAA is an organization that was formed by, and ultimately answers to, it's membership. As such, unless the member schools get together and say "NCAA, we'd like you to come up with guidelines for all of us to follow", then the NCAA isn't going to step up and do it on their own, because they know they don't have a mandate from their members to do so. The NCAA only has exactly as much power as the member schools give them.

This is different from recruiting and eligibility guidelines, of course, because the members did in fact mandate that the NCAA define, enforce, and investigate these in the interest of "fair play".

The NCAA's approach is completely unsurprising, and also appropriate.

The NCAA is an organization that was formed by, and ultimately answers to, it's membership. As such, unless the member schools get together and say "NCAA, we'd like you to come up with guidelines for all of us to follow", then the NCAA isn't going to step up and do it on their own, because they know they don't have a mandate from their members to do so. The NCAA only has exactly as much power as the member schools give them.

This is different from recruiting and eligibility guidelines, of course, because the members did in fact mandate that the NCAA define, enforce, and investigate these in the interest of "fair play".
Agree,

The BIG went to an all conference schedule so they can elimate other variables and build and control their own plan.

If I were a college president/AD I'd be taking my recommendations regarding what to do during a pandemic from the state health department or the centers of disease control, instead of the NCAA. I guess the question is what guidance would you be looking for the NCAA to provide?

Mark Emmert has provided zero leadership through all of this, while he enjoys his $3.5 million annual salary.

I am not sure whether he is incompetent, aloof, or both. He should be fired.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back