• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trouble ahead for Moos?

Moos is safe. He committed no crimes there and certainly none here. Maybe a little tarnish on the old rep but otherwise, no harm, no foul.

Last edited:
The audit concluded that, “The environment within Athletics did not support a culture of compliance or fiscal responsibility.”

http://pullmanradio.com/internal-audit-uncovers-extensive-mismanagement-in-wsu-athletics/

It's hard to know what to make of the fiscal responsibility issue. The compliance issue, though, is a concern. Giving out free tickets without accounting for who received them (indeed, destroying the records of who received them) is potentially a huge problem. Free shoes comes to mind. A lot of the compliance issues may be the fault of the Deputy Athletics Director, but it's not a good look for Moos.

Nebraskan's have made up their minds, they like Moos a lot...who cares about a little mismanagement? Nothing could change their minds at this point...they are certain he's wearing a "Let's make Nebraska Great Again" hat.

Nebraskan's have made up their minds, they like Moos a lot...who cares about a little mismanagement? Nothing could change their minds at this point...they are certain he's wearing a "Let's make Nebraska Great Again" hat.

People will always care if there are violations of any kind. We self reported a textbook violation (literally) several years ago and no one had a meltdown. There are various degrees to which people get concerned or people brush it off. Based on what we know so far, this seems pretty small. It's not like we're looking at an Ole Miss situation where he came from

I’m sorry, I missed where they were handing out cars, giving mom a new doublewide and handed daddy a new job. Those would be concerns. Some tickets handed out for a team that rarely has a packed house? Really? That’s just not something I’m wringing my hands over.

LOL...I knew there would be a downplaying of the situation and widespread emboldened support for Moos amongst Nebraskans.

Nebraskan's just know that they wouldn't have hired a guy that couldn't manage a small potatoes outfit like WSU and pay him $1 million per year (top pay he'd ever seen), just to give SF his dream job and $35 million for his first P5 HC job. Heck, they think that Moos worked a miracle to get them a deal...it should've been $50 million.

I'm fine with Moos, but he hasn't done anything to earn his salary yet and this WSU situation likely shows him as a lousy hire.

LOL...I knew there would be a downplaying of the situation and widespread emboldened support for Moos amongst Nebraskans.

Nebraskan's just know that they wouldn't have hired a guy that couldn't manage a small potatoes outfit like WSU and pay him $1 million per year (top pay he'd ever seen), just to give SF his dream job and $35 million for his first P5 HC job. Heck, they think that Moos worked a miracle to get them a deal...it should've been $50 million.

I'm fine with Moos, but he hasn't done anything to earn his salary yet and this WSU situation likely shows him as a lousy hire.
Clueless. Speaking of downplaying a situation, did Frost not state very directly that he was concerned with the leadership previously, but based on the input of many, including TO, was comfortable enough to consider taking the job? Did we not just see our basketball program managed extremely well, by not simply throwing a long term contract to a coach who is lacking consistency? The hand wringing there now appears very misplaced.

You are bizarrely off base with your take on this, and could you possibly get more two faced with your last paragraph? ‘I’m fine with Moos’, but ‘he hasn’t done anything to earn his salary yet and this WSU situation likely shows him as a lousy hire’.

Last edited:
Mismanagement is what eichorst and pedey did when they were here. They destroyed the football program with boneheded coaching hires, and they made the Athletic Department a difficult and unpleasant place to work. (How ironic for someone who hates energy vampires.)

Maybe Moos hasn't been perfect throughout his career, but every place where he has been AD has been much better off when he left vs. when he started. His handling of the Riley firing and the Frost hiring really couldn't have been any better. We got the best coach available! Compare and contrast that with our last four hires.

If Moos did something wrong that would result in DONU having to let him go, I’m sure whatever replacement Bounds and Green would bring in would come with the full support (Frost would pick the guy) of the new football coach with the 7 year $5 million contract.

Last edited:

I’m sorry, I missed where they were handing out cars, giving mom a new doublewide and handed daddy a new job. Those would be concerns. Some tickets handed out for a team that rarely has a packed house? Really? That’s just not something I’m wringing my hands over.
Maybe someone got a free sandwich out of it and didn't report.

From the article the claims are someone got 4 tickets that they didn't know who got them, AD staff were able to upgrade tickets that the general public could not, and they reported tickets sold as attendance instead of scanned entry.

Doesn't sound like a lot and in the case of the last one, we may as well have thrown out our sellout streak last season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back