• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trojan Horse Generic/26

yes but with many trojans they hide themselves...Norton has a history of this as well as semitech.

57 you running 2 anti virus?..if so there is your problem

every virus tries to hide itself, that is kind of an important part of a virus. That is why him trying to look for it would be pointless.. Also, you kind of have to know what you are doing when removing files from your computer or you could screw it up pretty good.

I don't do this as my mine job but I do a lot in my spare time.

just had a laptop brought to me last month that had a root kit installed... that one sucked. had to do a reinstall of the OS as nothing removed this thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
every virus tries to hide itself, that is kind of an important part of a virus. That is why him trying to look for it would be pointless.. Also, you kind of have to know what you are doing when removing files from your computer or you could screw it up pretty good.

Understood...but temp files are not that bad

If you get a popup telling you that you have a virus and it says run scan now and it wants you to click herre to run a scan... that is a virus and you release the virus by telling it to scan now. It looks very legit too.

Never been a fan of AVG.. seems more viruses are on computers that have this scanner.

and the sad thing is, I put together a couple computers and they all lasted 5+ years complete with software, etc etc....but the last computer i put together was in what 2003? I need to get back into the IT field...its where the $$ is at but my heart isn't into it.

so I do know about computers and am not a dummy when it comes to this stuff...just I haven't seen this kind of virus before...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back